INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GML file with codes from the CCF  (Read 1245 times)

brickf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
GML file with codes from the CCF
« on: May 04, 2003, 10:30:48 am »

Hi,
I setup Girder with the GML included with MC and was able to import the ccf into my pronto remote. Is there a GML file out there pre-programmed with all the codes in the CCF that is also included? Or do I have to teach girder each code?

Or am I missing something in my setup and the codes are already imported?

thanks.o

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: GML file with codes from the CCF
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 06:59:18 pm »

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 09:51:39 pm »

Hi,
I setup Girder with the GML included with MC and was able to import the ccf into my pronto remote. Is there a GML file out there pre-programmed with all the codes in the CCF that is also included? Or do I have to teach girder each code?

The included GML that's labeled "USB-UIRT" contains codes learned from the included CCF. However, if you don't use the USB-UIRT as your IR receiver, then the IR codes in the GML won't work. Girder interprets every IR event differently depending on the hardware plugin you use with it.

That mean that if you use the USB-UIRT, everything is set. If not, you have to teach Girder the IR codes contained in the CCF. In that case, it will be easier to start with the "empty" GML and teach each command your various IR events.

I'm hoping to include a GML with IR codes for the various well-known IR hardware, but I'd need access to the various pieces of IR hardware (or kind friends) to accomplish this...

Hope this helps,
Brad

brickf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 09:02:35 am »

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I did load the USIR gml and noticed the programmed codes, but they of course did not work. because I'm using the serial IRman.

I can create the GML for this and send it to you so other can benefit from it. I'm using a basic Irman with a philips Pronto 2000 remote.

Is there a good thread on remotes with mouse control?

Pages: [1]   Go Up