INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apparent Slow UI Updates When Importing  (Read 586 times)

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Apparent Slow UI Updates When Importing
« on: November 14, 2019, 05:15:14 pm »

Disclaimer (not a mac guy at all, helping a friend)

Have a iMac Pro, fairly new 2017 model and NetGear ReadyNAS 424 NAS box with large music collection.  It's very disconcerting that it appears the import is running, but only showing progress every few minutes.  But I can see the NAS box seems to have normal behavior.  The symptoms are the progress on the UI just stops after a few seconds, then I see chunks get updated.  But throughout the process, the NAS box seems to be ing read normally.  I am using SMB and can navigate the shared drive just fine.

Is there a UI bug with JRiver on a Mac?  Can someone confirm or deny that they have seen this problem?

[Update] . It's actually much worse than I described.  I can see activity light on the NAS box chugging along.  And yet no progress has showed on the Mac UI for about 1/2 hour.  I can also see normal read activity on the NAS box console.  This is definitely a UI problem relating to JRiver.  Comments? Release 25.0.118.

Thanks, Chris

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Apparent Slow UI Updates When Importing
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 07:19:31 pm »

You might want to double check that you are doing your import via SMB.  It's a common problem for NAS boxes to have DLNA servers enabled by default and then MC will show those DLNA sources in it's tree on the left.  It is not desirable to import your media via DLNA from a NAS box.  You want to use file sharing instead.

I'm actually guessing that you are not using DLNA.  I'm just mentioning it for completeness.  I'm not sure what would cause the behavior you are describing when using file sharing. 

Good luck.

Brian.

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 08:06:43 pm »

I have seen this too. It was a while and a few versions ago when I was importing large numbers of files. Haven’t checked this recently, though.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 09:38:58 am »

You might want to double check that you are doing your import via SMB.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, SMB is the only protocol I have enabled on the NAS and DNLA is off.

It finished, but took many hours longer than on my Windows machine (200,000 tracks).
Pages: [1]   Go Up