INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shuffle Tracks within FLAC`  (Read 557 times)

landolfi

• Recent member
Shuffle Tracks within FLAC`
« on: November 16, 2019, 11:22:00 am »

Hi,

Dumb question, but I can't find an answer anywhere and i've searched here and elsewhere: Is there a way to shuffle tracks within across FLAC files without ripping to individual files?

Background: My library is all monolithic FLAC files (one per CD) and cue sheets. MC seems to call my FLACS by the name of an individual track (e.g., TrackName (CDName) and the filename shown in Playing Now accurately shows the position of the track in the cue sheet and on CD (e.g., Filename;Cue/Track position). But playing TrackName(CDName) results in playing the entire FLAC.

From this I conclude, maybe incorrectly, that PlayingNow is entirely filename based and I cannot select individual tracks within the file. Thinking about it more, I suppose MC would have to read every FLAC and index them to find tracks within, so maybe this is what the "analyze audio files" option on import is about? Or more likely, I just need to create individual track flac files if I want to shuffle tracks across CDs.

Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. The more I learn, the more powerful MC 25 appears. but the tricky part for me has been that the simple stuff isn't always obvious and that can be frustrating. Also, my search for info on track shuffle returns results commenting on MC version 11. I know I can specify date ranges for results, but all the results I got on shuffle tracks were on 1 page and all on MC 11.
Pages: [1]   Go Up