INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with Astell and Kern players  (Read 1193 times)

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
Issues with Astell and Kern players
« on: November 16, 2019, 11:24:21 am »

Hi,

I have seen many issues with Astell and Kern on Interact and have some myself. But it is strange that with the older MC versions I had less problems with my AK240. Later I also bought an SP1000 and recently the old AK380. They all have one identical problem, but the SP1000 is a bit less problematic. That user interface has changed but it is still Android.

When the AK player is fresh and empty, or just formatted it is (only) recognized by the 32 bit version of MC. It is then possible to tranfer music to the player. But in my situation MC crashes very often during the filetranfer. I mostly use ape but have also tried flac but that does not make any difference.

Somewhere along the file transfer something happens, mostly after the MC crash.. After that syncing with the AK player becomes problematic. Songs which are already on the AK player and are still being synced result in an 'error' message in the detailed transfer screen. The normal behaviour is that songs which are already on the player are not synced again.

So when I add a new song to a playlist on the PC the sync will try to sync all songs in the playlist which results in an error message for all songs minus the new one. The playlist will not be updated with the new song or order of songs. The new song is properly transferred to the player, but not selectable via the playlist.

From this moment on the (temporary) solution is to format the AK player. The formatted player will be usable for a while, until the above happens again. Somehow the communication between player and MC is not correct anymore. Deleting the playlist from the player does not help.

I hope that one of the JRiver engineers can do something with this info. I can provide additional info if needed, just let me know what.

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Issues with Astell and Kern players
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 07:34:16 am »

Adding a screenshot of how the music list looks after an MC crash with an AK player. Also added the JRinfo.xml file.

Hopefully this makes it clear ..

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 07:56:10 am »

First is the SP1000

Second the AK380 with amp

Third the AK240

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 07:42:46 am »

JRiver team,

I hope you find the time to look at this topic. I think that many of the AK issues will be solved when this topic has been under your attention.

I can do test and give you detailed results.

Let me know ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up