INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renderer hangs if turned off during DSD DLNA streaming  (Read 382 times)

landolfi

• Recent member
Renderer hangs if turned off during DSD DLNA streaming
« on: November 16, 2019, 05:12:40 pm »

Hi,

I'm using my laptop as a controller of a library on another Windows 10 PC, streaming DSFs over DLNA to an Oppo 203. I've had it working with MC 25, but twice now I've accidentally shut off the Oppo during playback. When I do, the Oppo will no longer play anything despite power cycling the Oppo, restarting the server, and turning wifi on and off on the Oppo (I thought that was what fixed it last time). I've gotten it working again after this happens, but I don't remember what I did. It seems the client gets most confused and keeps thinking the track is about to play, shows 0:00/T:TT but hangs there. I tried Clear Playing Now and that doesn't do anything, and eventually the client gets stuck and won't close, either. Any ideas what I can do to avoid this besides obviously don't turn the Oppo off during playback? It seems like the client gets totally confused about the state of the server. I've fiddled with the DLNA controller options and will continue to try that, but I don't believe anything was checked of those when I got this working the last time.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

landolfi

• Recent member
Re: Renderer hangs if turned off during DSD DLNA streaming
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 07:46:23 pm »

What fixed it finally was quitting both server and client, then unplugging the Oppo and leaving it off for about 5 minutes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up