INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: raw access to media center library  (Read 608 times)

deone

• Recent member
raw access to media center library
« on: November 17, 2019, 03:41:56 pm »

I want to play around with analyzing my media files in the MC library on the mac; e.g., look at the range of dynamic range for different genres of music.
I assume the results of analyze audio are stored in the MC library; by accessing the library directly, I could pull out such information.  Can anyone tell me the storage format of the library?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: raw access to media center library
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 04:21:59 pm »

Nope. But don't even try it. You will either break something or get frustrated.

Take a look at MCUtils, "Swag of Tools", or just create a View of the data you want, select all record, Copy, and then Paste that into Excel. Analyse in there.

Search the forum for the tools. Look at the Developer section of the Wiki. Link below.

Also learn what fields are in MC using the tagging Action Window and the "Manage Library" dialogue in Options.

EDIT: Oh. You are on a Mac. Can't help you much then. Copy/Paste should work.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

deone

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 08:02:06 pm »

Thanks RoderickGI.
That worked...was able to copy data to a google sheets, dump it out as a csv file, and go to town with it using R.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 08:47:08 am »

That worked...was able to copy data to a google sheets, dump it out as a csv file, and go to town with it using R.

Wait... really?  You're using a statistical analysis programming language to look at dynamic range in your own collection?!?

That's neat.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up