INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Process Suspended - BUG JRiver  (Read 474 times)

rockhevy1000

Process Suspended - BUG JRiver
« on: November 18, 2019, 11:50:24 pm »

Hi.
Before all, I uploaded a video on YouTube, please see it before, so you can have a more perspective of the problem.
https://youtu.be/QQ_kSJxUwQU

Now, as you could see in the video, I have a problem with JRiver and Windows stupid things that never asked.

I have the Media Server running in the background since boot. The thing is that when the system put the process "Media Center 25" in
"suspended" state, it never comes to a "normal" state, so I can't use DLNA when I need it.

In addition to this big problem, another weird bug appears. I have LAG when writing ANYTHING. In any program. You can see in the video if I put the process in "suspended" state, and try to write "12345" take a lot of time and I can't back to "normal" state if I try to open Media Center. But when I resume the process manually, I can write as usual.

The thing is that Windows put the process in "suspended" state when I don't actively use the computer (after 10 or 15 minutes, I don't count them exactly), so, if I want to watch a movie on my TV, after a while, the image is frozen (because the process is in suspension) or if I'm going to have some break or leave the PC for any reason, when I sit down again I can't do anything until I manually resume the process.

The questions, you guys have had a similar problem? How you solved it?
Do you know a way for windows to stop putting processes in suspension? I have a very decent PC (i7 7820x, 24 GB in RAM, 2 TB in SSD...) certainly resources are not a problem, so I do not "require" that function of putting things in suspension.
Or, Windows is doing right and the bug comes from JRiver itself?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: My PC is not going to sleep. I don't like that, not even my monitors do it.
Only, when my PC is running on battery power (I have a UPS), the suspension is set to 10 minutes and this is only because Windows every time it can say that I have a bad power configuration. If I set it to "Never" it still puts the process on hold after a while.

Pages: [1]   Go Up