INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortcuts Vol Up Down not working  (Read 658 times)

Inquisition

• World Citizen
Shortcuts Vol Up Down not working
« on: November 21, 2019, 09:21:29 am »

Hi, i have a little problem (or better a friend of mine). He uses jriver v25 too and will regulate volume with shortcut. Wiki says volume up is Ctrl++ or Ctrl+-, but this keys only make zoom, never volume.  Wiki says this shortcut with Ctrl at beginning would have been zoom in older versions, not in actually version.

Whats he doing wrong?

Ctrl++  first + means Ctrl and + simulainly of course
My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Shortcuts Vol Up Down not working
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 03:29:21 pm »

Just tried these on my keyboard and they are working correctly.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 03:45:46 pm »

Yes. On my PC also. By my mate not, there it changes zoomfactor

Cant explain why. Theres no personal keymap or something like these

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 06:04:07 pm »

Are you sure he/she isn't hitting the windows key + + or - because that is how you zoom in windows. I would plug a different keyboard in and test.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 06:08:55 pm »

yes, its definetly ctrl++ and ctrl+-

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 06:09:13 pm »

Your friend needs to have MC in focus for the Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- to work. Otherwise they will be captured by the app in focus, or Windows itself.

Those key combinations zoom a Browser. Are you sure your friend isn't looking at a browser or other Windows application when they try to use the shortcut?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 06:22:48 pm »

yes. i saw it myself, video was playing but ctrl++ makes zoom. i cant explain whats going on there.

first i thought of an bug cause i dont use volume up down on pc, only on avr, but after that i tryed on mine pc and there it works correctly.

very curious. tomorrow he will visit me with pc and then i will have a look on all settings and so on if i found an error or so.

Inquisition

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 08:47:46 am »

So short response, now it works.

What i didnt say cause i didnt think theres an difference, my mate controlls his mediacenter pc not only with wireless keyoard, second way is an ir remote. The codes of the remote going into eventghost and eventghost makes keyboard shortcuts. This way gives much more possibilities as the ir control integrated in mediacenter.

Now, it seems windows makes a difference between real ctrl(+)+ and ctrl(+)- and virtuell through eventghost.
In eventghost its important not to use + and -  from letter keyboard for volume control, you must take + and - from numpad. In eventghost it looks then this way
Volume up:      {ctrl+add}
Volume down:  {ctrl+substract}

then it works perfect.

again what learned.

i didnt recognized that by my pc cause i control volume only on avr.
Pages: [1]   Go Up