INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC25 - Copy and Paste issue...  (Read 497 times)

The RomDoodle!

• Recent member
MC25 - Copy and Paste issue...
« on: November 21, 2019, 09:52:44 am »

JRiver:

Hello again.  Small issue but I know an easy fix exists.  I'll try to be concise.  In MC25, when you copy and paste (rename an mp3 title) JRiver truncates the <space> at the end of the copied text.  By doing this, the user now has to press the space bar to add back the space at the end of the copied text.  Very frustrating.  I first noticed this with MC24, but I hoped the tinkerers at JRiver would've pounced and fixed this by now.  I hoped I explained it correctly.  Just copy some text with a space at the end into another item i.e. "Sanford and Son - " > "Where's Lamont?.mp3" = "Sanford and Son - Where's Lamont?.mp3".  But JRiver will delete the space after the " - " when pasting, requiring you to press the space bar to reinsert the deleted space.  ?

Also, the JRiver timer plugin from way back when was great.  Bring it back please.

-Rommie

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC25 - Copy and Paste issue...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 10:04:02 am »

In MC25, when you copy and paste (rename an mp3 title) JRiver truncates the <space> at the end of the copied text.  By doing this, the user now has to press the space bar to add back the space at the end of the copied text.  Very frustrating.

Agreed.  This has been an annoyance for a long time.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC25 - Copy and Paste issue...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 10:12:16 am »

I believe that's intentional when copying.  Preceding or trailing spaces can cause problems in other places.
Pages: [1]   Go Up