INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver switches my Yamaha Receiver?  (Read 981 times)

ellisr63

• Recent member
JRiver switches my Yamaha Receiver?
« on: November 21, 2019, 12:22:45 pm »

For some reason with a fresh install of MC25, JRiver switches my Yamaha CXA5100 receiver to Server from PC whenever I click on an album or movie to listen or watch. It never did that with previous versions with my UnRaid NAS. I have looked through the various settings, and do not see what has changed. Is this something new? Is there a setting to change to let it play a movie without switching  my Yamaha to another input?

thank you,
Ron

Inquisition

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver switches my Yamaha Receiver?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 05:13:17 pm »

My rxa3040 didnt do that.   Could it be that your ca5100 is as renderer  in an zone visible in jriver?
My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:55:09 am »

MC24 is still installed on the same PC, and it does not do it though.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 09:59:43 am »

JRiver can't "switch" your receiver.  Please describe what happens in more detail.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 10:01:31 pm »

I have several Yami AVR's and they appear as Zones (DLNA Renderers) in MC.  From memory, If you select the Yami Zone and play to it, the Yami will switch itself to "Server" so it can play the incoming stream.  I don't use this functionality as I have an HTPC hooked up to each of the Yami's.  Make sure that the Zone (under Playing Now) is not the Yami's DLNA Renderer.
JRiver CEO Elect

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 03:25:50 pm »

If i am looking at this right. It is seeing it as a DLNA server...how do I change it? I have my PCs hooked up to the CXA5100 too. Just use Unraid for my access to all my media.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 04:02:55 pm »

So if your setup is HTPC --> HDMI/SPDIF/Analog Connection etc --> Yami, then you want to use "Player" (which is the
local zone on the HTPC), it will then output the audio over your physical connection to the Yami.
JRiver CEO Elect

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 05:00:08 pm »

Thanks, that appears to have solved the problem.

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 05:02:29 pm »

Will it break JRiver if I uninstall MC24 with MC25 installed?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 06:22:57 pm »

Will it break JRiver if I uninstall MC24 with MC25 installed?

No... but if you see any issues, just reinstall MC25 over the top.
In fact, I recommend that you run MC24, allow it to make the settings changes it asks to do at startup (register MC24 version of filters), then uninstall. Then run MC25 and allow it to make the settings changes it asks to do at startup (register MC25 version of filters). If you don't see a question about making changes when you run MC24, then you have probably allowed that at some stage at set it to always do that. Still run MC24 before uninstall.

Also, if your Yamaha CXA5100 shows up as a DLNA Renderer (Zone) and you don't want it to, there is probably a setting in the Yamaha CXA5100 to turn off the server option.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ellisr63

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 12:28:58 am »

Will do, thank you very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up