INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 25 Registration code not recognized  (Read 541 times)

Ken42

MC 25 Registration code not recognized
« on: November 22, 2019, 05:01:40 pm »

I have MC 25 installed on an existing media computer server. Yesterday I installed MC-25 on new desktop. When I tried to register the license with my existing registration code I received an error message saying the code is not recognized. I have tried a few times all of which were unsuccessful. How do I resolve this?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Ken42

Re: MC 25 Registration code not recognized
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 09:19:11 am »

Thanks. I had already done this and it did not work.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 25 Registration code not recognized
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 04:37:52 pm »

Probably a firewall or antivirus issue, blocking the registration.

You read the https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License article carefully, correct?

When you run the "Restoring a License" process your installation should be registered. If that doesn't work, there will have been an email sent to you when you did the restore, with an mjr file attached to it. Find the email. Find the mjr file. Save it somewhere on the PC where you are trying to licence MC. Double-click on the mjr file. MC will then be licensed.

When doing any of the above, always copy and paste your registration code, and do not retype it, so that there are no errors. Your registration code is in the original purchase email sent to you. As is an mjr file that will work for 14 days from the date of purchase.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up