INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting for Signal Lock  (Read 926 times)

randy5419

• Recent member
Waiting for Signal Lock
« on: November 23, 2019, 01:10:42 pm »

I have Verizon Fios and I tune the clear QAM channels using HDHomeRun so I can record them with Media Center.  I recently upgraded to Media Center 26 and am running MC25.  All has worked fine until today.  When I try to view a channel, I get message "Waiting for Signal Lock" for 10 seconds or so, and then I get message "no signal."  But I can watch the channels using the HDHomeRun View program.   

I've tried: rebooting the computer, rebooting the router, and both. 

Please advise.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Waiting for Signal Lock
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 01:52:00 pm »

Are you using Windows 10?  Has it recently updated itself?  If so, are you able to establish correlation between the issue and the Windows update?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

randy5419

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 02:25:43 pm »

I am using Windows 10.  It was last updated on 11/12.  I don't believe I've tried to view live TV between then and today, but I have successfully recorded shows since then, the latest being on 11/20.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 09:38:45 pm »

Send me a log.  yaobing at jriver dot com

I suspect this is related to Windows 10 upgrade similar to something that I fixed for ATSC and DVB tuners.

randy5419

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 02:18:13 pm »

I just now sent the log file along with an explanation of what actions were logged.     

I have some additional information to provide.  As I said earlier, I watch only the Verizon Clear QAM channels, which include channels 4 (NBC), 5 (Fox), 7 (ABC), 9 (CBS), and 26 (PBS).   It turns out I get the signal lock problem only on Channels 5 and 7.   I first discovered the problem when I was trying to tune to channel 5 and when the problem occurred I next tried channel 7.  With the problem demonstrated on two different channels, I assumed incorrectly that the problem occurred for all channels.   

I note that I did successfully record a Channel 5 program on 11/16, which is after the 11/12 windows update. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 11:35:12 am »

Thanks for the log and additional information.  I was not able to get to the log last week due to Thanksgiving holiday.

It appears that the channels that do not tune correctly do not stream the PMT packets (Program Map Table).  The PAT table was received, but it does not give any PMT IDs. 

By the way, the two channels that do work, channel 4 and 9, are actually on the same transport. 

Has the cable company changed the channel lineup?  You can try re-scanning the channels and see if different channel parameters are picked up for channel 5 and 7.
Pages: [1]   Go Up