INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kef LSX DSP option  (Read 574 times)

mgagneur

Kef LSX DSP option
« on: November 23, 2019, 04:59:29 pm »

I am a long time MC user going back to rev 19 and am now on 25. During the Summer I picked up a pair of KEF LSXs and really like them. At the time I discovered two issues with MC25. The first was the only way I could get JRiver to communicate to my LSXs was thru DLNA and I found that cumbersome. I also was not able to use DSP Studio which is a must have.

This caused me to look around where I found Roon and it just seemed to work. Recently, however, Amazon launched their new HD service and at this time it doesn't look like Roon will support it. So I started looking around again.

I fired up JRiver today and was very happy to see that it immediately recognized my LSXs as a zone and I could easily stream to them :)

I tried to open DSP Studio but a popup informed me that functionality wasn't available. After clicking around Tools>Options>Media Network> and clicking on ... Add or configure DLNA servers I came across an option for DSP studio. As a test I went in and changed equalizer settings, enabled it and restarted jriver. Sure enough the equalizer did seem to work. So far so good:) Once enabled thou the sound does tend to be very crackly and a bit distorted. I tried lowering the equalizer Pre amp slider gain but that didn't seem to help. I am hopeful I'm simply missed a configuration setting?

Appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Pages: [1]   Go Up