INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many Duplicate Entries in Library - Help!!  (Read 747 times)

tangolovers

• World Citizen
Many Duplicate Entries in Library - Help!!
« on: November 24, 2019, 11:06:39 pm »

Hi,

Forgive me if I'm not in the right place, I can never figure out how to find my way around this site.... 

I have hundreds of duplicate entries in my Library (over 10K audio files in all) that reference the "exact" same location as well as everything else I can see (file name, path, size etc).   There are 2 different situations I can see:

1)  About half of the duplicates have a "Playlist" associated with it, but if I delete that entry, it deletes it from the Playlist.   Perhaps this is the correct entry and I just never saw the Playlist field.   

2)  The other half of the duplicates appear to be exactly the same in every other way except for 2 fields:  "Import Date" & "Date First Rated".  For the each of these duplicates sets one entry reflects different dates for these 2 fields while the other entry reflects the same (and more recent) date for the 2 fields.  I checked almost every other possible field that is available & found nothing different.  Furthermore, NONE of this 2nd group appears to be associated with a Playlist (these are the ones with a more recent Import Date), that's why I think this is the duplicate group.

I would sure like to know what is causing this and how I can remove the appropriate duplicates in mass (or groups) w/o having to reimport my entire database.  I have too many ratings that would get wiped out if I did this.

Pleas help!!

Thank you,
Susie
SusieM - I'm Using MC on MacOS & Windows 10.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Many Duplicate Entries in Library - Help!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 07:06:40 am »

Duplicates can happen if your auto import settings are importing from a drive _and_ a network share.  Should be just one.

You can search for either of those to show them separately and then "soft" delete them (read carefully and try a few first).

tangolovers

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 10:41:07 am »

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for your super fast response!!   The only place I could find "Auto Import" settings is under Options>Library & Folders>Auto-Import, but I don't see the options for Drive or Network Share.  I would be grateful if you could you please point me to where they are.  Are these 2 distinct settings?    I don't usually work on a network - other than a simple home sharing of files like in a Workgroup on Windows but not real networking.

Thank you so much!
Susie

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 12:11:46 pm »

Try Options>Library & Folders>Auto-Import>Configure auto import and look over the folders you have media center watching.  It's possible you have a mapped drive and a path both leading to the same spot.

You could also look under location in standard view from the "Files" selection under "Audio" to see what you are looking at and go from there.

tangolovers

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 11:13:08 pm »

Thank you Jim & Dawgincontrol!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 11:20:54 pm »

Uncheck "Ignore files previously removed from library" in the Auto Import settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tangolovers

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 01:50:26 pm »

Hello Roderick GI,

If I  "Ignore files previously removed from library" in the Auto Import settings." as you say, then MC re-imports more duplicates that were previously removed.

I now have hundreds of duplicates that are exactly the same for every single field - same filename & path, but different import dates. 

I need to know how to best get rid of all these true duplicates once and for all! :P

Thanks,
Susie

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 05:45:58 pm »

Did you delete a post?

I thought I read a post that you did the change Dawgincontrol suggested and the duplicates disappeared, but then no new files would import. Hence, my suggestion.

You need to post images showing all your Auto Import settings, like the attached image.

Then also confirm if you have CUE files in addition to the music files you are having issues with, and whether the CUE files are set to be imported.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up