INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inconsistent results after client resume from standby  (Read 604 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Inconsistent results after client resume from standby
« on: November 26, 2019, 12:24:52 pm »

So I have a pretty standard multiple client/server setup running under windows 10. I drive the clients, and various other things using harmony remotes.

The server happily wakes from standby when one of the clients is fired up. I’d like to be able to put the clients into standby, but when i resume, the pc starts ok, but jriver (25) doesn’t seem to consistently reconnect to the server, or wake the server if it has gone into standby.

So I’ve had the client pcs shutdown rather than go into standby, so that I get a clean reboot, reconnection etc. But that means I have to physically switch the client pcs on when I want to use them. In one case that means going into another room....

I’d be interested to know if anyone has a client server setup where both the clients and the server wake from standby satisfactorily.

One possible alternative is to force a full restart after the client resumes, but I can’t seem to find an example of how to do this. I don’t mind the delay , if it forces everything to reconnect properly. Unfortunately, searching for “force restart after resume” just throws up lots of people whose pcs shutdown instead of going into standby.

Any thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up