INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MC25 crashing with Live TV  (Read 1873 times)

lp66

• Recent member
JRiver MC25 crashing with Live TV
« on: November 27, 2019, 05:02:37 am »

Hi,

Short version:
I could never get MC25 to work correctly with live TV from the first release to the last. When I revert to any release of MC24 everything works fine. I have been using MC for many years without issues with live TV.

Long version:
I have DVB-C tuner cards from BlackGold to record live TV. It has always worked fine with MC until version 25. When I upgraded to the first release of MC25 tuning a channel would show a fixed image of the content and crash after a few seconds. The latest release I tried some weeks ago was a bit better, I could see the video stream but when changing channels or stopping live playback MC25 would crash.

I paid for MC25 but it never worked for me. I had to keep MC24 for the last year. I do not dare pay for the reduced pre-order price of MC26 as I have no idea if it will work, I already paid for a version I could not use.

I guess a breaking change was slipped in the live TV source code. Any ideas how to fix this? Could log files help you if I reinstall MC25? What log files would you need? Do you have a beta of MC26 I could try to see if the issue is resolved?

Thanks for your help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: JRiver MC25 crashing with Live TV
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 08:31:06 am »

Please do provide a log.  If the crash produced a dump file, include that file too.  It should be automatically included if you follow the procedure in this wiki on logging.

Send to yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

lp66

• Recent member
Re: JRiver MC25 and MC26 crashing with Live TV
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 06:09:10 am »

Hello,

I just tried MC26 and I am still facing the same issue when watching television, MC crashes when changing channels or stopping live TV. I just included the log report after having done a reset. I hope you can find and solve the issue.

Best regards and Merry Christmas!

Update:

Not all channels show this issue. To make sure it was not an issue with Windows, I installed a fresh copy of the latest Windows 10 with the latest nVidia driver, nothing else. I also have the issue, but now I also have issues with MC24 on this new partition, problems I was not having on the original installation. They are not exactly the same as with MC 26. Here are the details.

MC24: certain channels have no sound and also these same channels do not always show the live video stream but just a fixed image.
MC26: the same channels that have no sound on MC24 are the ones that crash MC26 when changing channels or stopping live view.

Maybe the issue is with audio and not video. I know that the channels that do not work have Dolby AC3 encoding, not the others.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 08:59:47 am »

Thanks for the logs.  I will get to it when I return to work after the holidays.

lp66

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 09:43:06 am »

Still waiting for a solution to my problem.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 09:39:58 am »

I apologize.  I have not been able to figure this one out.  I can not explain why it crashed.

Please keep updating to the latest version and keep reporting and sending logs.  Thank you.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 05:22:50 pm »

Reading the log, it seems like one thread (5744) is inside the crashing function, ParsePATandPMTTables, while at the same time another thread (10996) is rebuilding the entire playback graph. Would that result in the m_pMpeg2Data object being destroyed, and thus thread 5744 accessing something invalid?

Maybe that worker thread needs to be stopped before a graph rebuild is performed, so that nothing tries to access any old information anylonger.
It seems like CDigitalTV::OnServiceChanged() on 5744 has been running forever. Maybe it got stuck somehow.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 09:19:03 pm »

Thanks Hendrik.

Yes, for some reason the OnServiceChanged() notification kept coming, over and over again, and I forgot to prevent re-entrance.  That meant the code got executed repeatedly all the way until the graph is torn apart (I think).  Tomorrow I will make a fix.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 08:56:12 am »

Please try this patch.

Download, unzip, and copy JRTelevision.dll into MC installation folder.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 04:15:21 pm »

There might be some issues in the patch I posted previously.  Please try this one instead.

lp66

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 05:31:05 am »

Sorry for not replying before, I did not receive the notifications by email even if they are activated.

Just to let you know that I installed the latest official version on Tuesday and now it works!

Great job, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up