INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording Rules  (Read 764 times)

TVWatcher

• Recent member
Recording Rules
« on: December 01, 2019, 06:45:04 am »

Is it possible to create recording rules for programmes that are not yet shown in the guide (like the WMC "wish list")?
It seems I can modify an existing rule so that it should record a different programme/series not yet in the guide.  As I can't create a new rule I have to set up a rule for a programme I don't want so that I can modify it.  A button or right-click menu option on the recording rules grid would seem to be the easiest way to do this.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Recording Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 10:48:19 am »

If you know the channel and time of the show, you can start by trying to record any program on any channel, and choose "Record by time" option.  Then you change the channel and start time, and duration.

On the other hand, if you don't know the channel and time, but know the name of the show, you can use Subscribe option.  Again you start with any program on any channel, and then modify the subscription parameters.  For example, if you know the channel, you can specify it, but if you don't, you choose "All channels".  If you know the day of week and time, you can specify that too, otherwise choose "All showings".  This is like casting a wide net, and its success will depend on the accuracy of your search phrases and other parameters you specify.

I know it is a little non-intuitive, but adding a new button would just duplicate the same functionality.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

TVWatcher

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 06:33:01 am »

Thank Yaobing, but I did know all that.  What I was querying is whether I could set up a new recording rule from scratch.  Your first sentence seems to imply that I must set up a rule for a programme I don't want and then modify it, which is what I have been doing.  An option to set up a new rule from scratch would avoid this and be more intuitive.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 07:01:29 am »

You are right.  What I was trying to say was that you have to start somewhere since you don't have an actual program to start with.  Starting from a "blank" really is the same as starting from an "irrelevant" program.

Just to reduce confusion, it might be a good idea for me to add a new button.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greynolds

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 08:58:14 pm »

You are right.  What I was trying to say was that you have to start somewhere since you don't have an actual program to start with.  Starting from a "blank" really is the same as starting from an "irrelevant" program.

Just to reduce confusion, it might be a good idea for me to add a new button.
Yeah, I think adding a "new" button would be a lot more intuitive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up