INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems deleting JRiver Conversion cache  (Read 454 times)

gtandzi

• Recent member
Problems deleting JRiver Conversion cache
« on: December 01, 2019, 05:12:27 pm »

Hi, I did a once-off conversion and transfer of a subset of my music files through JRiver to put on a USB stick for the car. It created a folder called 'JRiver Conversion Cache' in my primary music drive, which appears to be full of all the converted files. I've since tried to delete it, and get the dreaded 'Could not find this item... this is no longer located in {x} Verify the items location and try again' message. But I can't get rid of it. Even rebooting the system doesn't get rid of it.
Any thoughts?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems deleting JRiver Conversion cache
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 06:01:10 pm »

What is the full base path for your music, and the full path to the 'JRiver Conversion Cache' directory?

You could try setting the Audio Cache to "None" in the MC settings, closing MC, wait a few minutes, and then delete the cache.

Usually, if a directory can not be deleted and that message is given, it is because the path contains "...", which Windows has fits about.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

gtandzi

• Recent member
Re: Problems deleting JRiver Conversion cache
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 04:24:00 pm »

Thanks. It was an '...' problem, thanks to a program which used metadata to create folders. I eventually used some windows tricks to rename and then delete the offending folder, and solved the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up