INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration problem  (Read 523 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Registration problem
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:52:03 pm »

I built a PC for someone. I normally take a "master SSD" for a particular motherboard type, clone it and then activate Windows afresh with a brand new product code. I also reset the MC registration and activate it with a new code which I register under the new owner's details.
There is one instance though, where I just cannot seem to get the new Registration information to stick when I check it. No matter what I do, it still shows that the software is registered to the person who the Master Disk was originally cloned from. I've uninstalled MC24, installed MC 25 and 26 with a new license and still no luck. This happened before, and when I spoke with Deanna, she confirmed that I had successfully registered MC with the intended user, but still it will not display correctly within the application.
Any suggestions?

I am trying to avoid a full reformat and reinstallation of Windows if possible. Perhaps some registry entries to delete? I have selected the option to delete registry entries AND library files when uninstalling MC, but to no avail.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Registration problem
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 12:04:03 pm »

Registration is stored here in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\J. River\BuyButton\2.0\J. River, Inc.\Media Center

You could try removing all the keys and then just install the one license you want.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 02:45:31 pm »

Excellent, Matt. Thanks!
I did end up reformatting and starting from scratch, but I do think this problem might be present on another disk. Very useful to know.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 09:30:58 am »

Registration is stored here in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\J. River\BuyButton\2.0\J. River, Inc.\Media Center

You could try removing all the keys and then just install the one license you want.

The problem occurred on another system, and your suggestion worked perfectly. Thank you so much. Saved a couple of hours!
Pages: [1]   Go Up