INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ot- problems with cordless headphones  (Read 1825 times)

zevele10

Ot- problems with cordless headphones
« on: May 02, 2003, 01:36:47 pm »

Anyone using cordless headphones ?
I use it right now . Plug in the stereo playing music from MC.
But i have a lot of noise because of  the computer i think.
Sometimes when i use my cordless keyboard, sometimes when i start a new download and so on.

I DO NOT speak about noises from the computer
I mean noises comming from the waves going to the headphones.
As i said when using the keyboard , because of the cable moden - well i wonder if yes-

My amp is at  around one meter from the table with the computer. The 'box' for the headphones as far as i can from the computer. But still a real mess.
I cannot say much about the headphones: got it as a present ,Sony , not cheap according to a friend and ,yes, batterys are new. Very newcause i put new ones one hour ago.

Anyone having the same problem ?
Anyone knowing cordless headphones working fine with computer?

I'am not ready to spend big money on it . Around $ 200
Cause i tend to use it late/early at night when in a strange state and i broke  them very often...

PS ; NOT the case today . Just Shabbat and i do not want to disturb people living close to me

Listening to: 'Zombie Ritual' from 'Fate: The Best of Death' by 'Death' on Media Center 9.0

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: Ot- problems with cordless headphones
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 02:43:18 pm »

Hi Zev,

I use a cordless headphone all the time. A Sennheiser RS65 (quite high end) 960 Mhz RF I think. It is plugged into the line out of my sound card and works nicely. I Don't have any interferences from the computer electronics. The phone transmitter lies just at the top of the computer case, no problem at all.

I wear it all the time at home, especially when I'm in the Kitchen cooking or washing up. I like to wear it and listen to some solid rock'n roll when I'm vaccum cleaning the lounge ! .. no laugh in the background, thanks :)

Bref, Zev, ça marche du tonnerre chez moi avec mon casque sans fil Sennheiser.

Christian

Listening to: 'I'm On The Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep' from 'Blue Oyster Cult' by 'Blue Oyster Cult' on Media Center 9.0
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 03:15:34 pm »

I have a Sennheiser with cord and the sound i great.
The 'box' is far from the computer ?
Because i have the same problem when playing only the stereo- i mean not music from the computer but cds or lps using only the stereo.
Anyway how can we compare a + $1000 headphones with a s--y $200 Sony ...
Unlike you ,i do not use them very often: with my amp who as volume level starting at 8 and my big speakers ,i can waccum the all place , even broke down a wall with still notice  ONLY the musique.....

Listening to: 'Joe Le Taxi' from 'M & J' by 'Vanessa Paradis' on Media Center 9.0

One of the best pop songs ON EARTH

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 03:39:38 pm »

Zev, if you have the same type of noise with your headphones either with the computer or your HiFi, can't it be a ground problem ? I mean, something like a faulty grounded cord or maybe, well I don't know, just trying to find something to help....

Unlike you ,i do not use them very often: with my amp who as volume level starting at 8 and my big speakers ,i can waccum the all place , even broke down a wall with still notice  ONLY the musique.....

You're lucky, I can't turn the volume of my 200W Onkyo Amplifier more than 10%. I'm afraid my neighbors are not of the "rock'n roll" type of folks ! Well, I live in a flat at the moment. So I'm happy with my headphones :)

later,

Listening to: 'Are You Gonna Go My Way' from 'Are You Gonna Go My Way' by 'Lenny Kravitz' on Media Center 9.0

Not my "tasse de thé" but it's for Vanessa to feel at home !
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

michel

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 11:54:29 pm »

One of the best pop songs ON EARTH

Zev est comme ça, très excessif, mais là j'en suis resté sur le c.. c'était plutôt innattendu.

;D

zevele10

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 12:10:07 am »

I said POP song ,NOT rock song

HEY Hey i used to buy most of the Top Ten on singles at the Monoprix near me

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2003, 02:16:01 am »

Hi zevele
You wrote the problem occurs (sometimes) when you use your wireless keyboard, maybe this is the source of your trouble. If possible check the manuals of both devices about the frequency range they use. If the headphones and the keyboard (also a wireless mouse ?) use the same channel (I would bet on )....sorry then you have lost this game. In this case the headphones simply receive the transmissions of the keyboard, or more likely, the mouse if you move it a little bit. Both power up their transmitter only if you use them to save the battery and if ,for example, you bump the desk with the mouse on it a little the transmission starts for a sec and powers down as fast as possible. I don't know if your Sony uses a digital or analog link. In case of analog the keyb/mouse will add it's signal to the music and cause  ugly noises, if it's digital  the keyb/mouse may push down the signal strengh of your headphones so short interruptions occurs and you hear pops and clicks.

If I'm right you can't do anything but replace either one of the devices to another one with a different frequency range because you can't "shield" the headphones of course.

I face this problems in my job very often so I suggest look for it first. This problem spreads the more wireless devices sold. Especial the 2,4GHz range gonna be crowded more and more.
Besides, a microwave oven is a wolf among sheeps (at least 1 W leak power is allowed, this is ten times more then a wlan device) and do you know what you neighbour next wall uses ?

Hope this can help you

Andy
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

zevele10

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2003, 08:00:44 am »

AndyCircuit

You said better than me what my problems are.
I can use you words to describe them.

I was sure that it was a waves problem ,because computer close ,no problem ,playing cd or Lp from the stereo with computer on ,problems.

I have a  mini cordless multimedia keyboard.
He has a button that you can use as a mouse ,the raison i bought it .
Nice when playing DVDs.

But this f...b... is not W K2 or XP compatible , so i have to change it. At this time it is working only as a cordless keyboard .

Thanks a lot for the tip , i would have buy a new one not bothering about the  frenquency range.
Trust me ,i will...

I have a 'special loud music living room '= 2 external walls and 2 walls who are walls of my kitchen ,bathroom ,bedroom . So no problem with the micro ovens around me.

Beside this i do not think people use to cook at around 2 or 3 in the morning.........
Thanks a lot - have a nice week-end

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2003, 03:45:43 pm »

Hi zevele

Glad to hear my post was of use, but don't take my microwaveoven too serious. It was an image for: expect the unexpected. Never underestimate the range of radiodevices (= disturbances).
I've received a babyphone from a neighbour two houses/60m away in my livingroom during a test and my wlan works up to 200m to some buddies (with 100mw instead the 1000mw of our "example") But don't let you scare, if I understand your enviroment right you should just keep also wireless phones in mind and you'll suceed.

About the new keyboard:I use a Logitech Cordless Optical, with volume wheel, another mousewheel and seperate optical mouse which I use on my knees or the couch.(Don't want to mention the multimedia keys because they are not supported correctly by MC - posted by some people before - but if you buy one we can complain together  ;) )
But serious: it's a good one but a bigger one and the mmkey thing will be solved some day, I'm sure ( but to be absolut I'm gonna install everthing new next week - maybe my Windows is scrambled too)

At last: I'm happy to join this excellent forum and sad that I could'nt act earlier. Since .088 in the race but so little time for testing, guess I missed a lot of fun  :( .
But hey, wasn't there a rumour about MC10 ?

wish you a nice Sunday

Andy
Electricians do it 'til it Hz
Pages: [1]   Go Up