INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Android Media Library  (Read 833 times)

gurrenlagaan

• Recent member
MC Android Media Library
« on: December 05, 2019, 11:10:23 am »

Shouldn't I be able to import/stream my media library from my PC to my android TV running MC??  There are no options that I can see to set this up.  I have Media Library sharing working on 2 PCs and a Mac, no problem.  (obviously the option exists there)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC Android Media Library
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 08:55:06 pm »

Do you mean when running JRiver for Android on your Android TV? Not yet: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123002.msg853651.html#msg853651

Soon. Maybe. Or maybe only on the nVidia Shield initially.

You can push media from a MC Server to a TV running as a DLNA Renderer, that works now, though how well depends on how good your TV DLNA Renderer functionality is. Of course, you can use a MC Remote such as Gizmo or the new JRemote2 for Android to connect to a MC Server and push media to a TV running as a DLNA Renderer, which makes the process less painful
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

gurrenlagaan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 01:59:10 pm »

Cool, thanks for the info.  If there's any way I can help test that feature when it's ready, let me know.  (basically the only reason I picked up the android port)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 03:40:51 pm »

Watch the forum for updates.

When JRiver are ready to test on Android TVs, they may want to have people with different TVs try it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up