INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical question for MAC version  (Read 679 times)

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Critical question for MAC version
« on: December 07, 2019, 01:50:37 pm »

Hi, I desperately need to know if burning a compilation to a CD will ever be implemented on the MAC like it is in the Win version? I'm in need of a new MAC and I'll need to go back to MC for Win if I won't ever have this on the MAC.

Right now without an answer I'm stuck with a problematic MAC. Anxious to replace it or get a Win box.

Thank you for your time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Critical question for MAC version
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 01:56:26 pm »

It's hard to say, but not anytime soon.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 04:42:49 pm »

Burning CDs for music playback is becoming less common as USB sticks and memory cards become much cheaper and have larger capacities.

Would using either of those be an option, where do you intend to play the music?

I know, my old car still only has a CD player as well, but I could upgrade the player in it to use either of the above, or just use Bluetooth. Maybe you can, if that is your use-case? Because it is a big step to be switching between OSX and Windows or vice versa more than once!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 06:04:38 am »

...and just for the sake of telling the story...

I've burned compilation CDs on my Mac after making playlists in MC.  But it sucked and was very problematic.  Making playlists is easy.  Copying files from those playlists to a single directory (in MC) isn't quite as easy, but not that hard.

Finding a burning program for Mac isn't very hard (BURN is a good one).

The HARD part is trying to get MC to name the files so that they sort in Playlist order.  I've never been able to get that to work.  So, I end up MANUALLY renaming these exported files, every time.  Which takes several minutes and makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

When I'm dong I've got the CD I wanted.  But it's a long multi-step process that I don't enjoy.  I only do this when I'm REALLY motivated.

PS:  I do not expect to see this feature in MC for Mac "ever", but I could be wrong.  I do not work for JRiver; I am just a customer.

Brian.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 08:52:38 am »

My car, believe it or not, can play CDs AND Compact Flash cards (the cards bigger than SD which photographers use). So I'm good for the car although the bitrate for the CF card isn't as good as the CD player.

I'm specifically looking for CDs so I can make compilation samples to occasionally give to friends. After I do so many remark they went on to buy an album of two of artists I sampled them. Asking them if they have an SD card reader and if it's regular or micro-sd just produces a blank stare. lol  ;D

I only use the MAC for some (now) outdated Home Automation and Mediacenter. I like it's low power use and integrated CD drive. Which I know practically no new windows units have.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 02:28:25 pm »

Well then, I think Brian's answer is the correct one.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up