INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Media Center co-exist with Windows Media Center?  (Read 766 times)

cullings

Can Media Center co-exist with Windows Media Center?
« on: December 11, 2019, 01:27:35 pm »

Can I install the JRiver trial version without losing my Windows Media Center functionality?
Eventually I will switch to JRiver totally.  But I currently have many TV shows saved on WMC.
What TV Guide listing program is recommended?     - John C.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can Media Center co-exist with Windows Media Center?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 04:03:49 pm »

I don't know of any problems doing that.

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 04:49:56 pm »

The best option I found for guide data in jrmc is still epg123 via the xmltv options.  It was relatively easy to get channel logos, etc.  I know percdata is another paid option but I haven't tried it.  There is also a scheduled direct option in jrmc but I never got channel logos with that, and I think it's limited to 14 days.  I'm not sure that I ever got dvrms files to play either but wtv files should be fine.  I

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 06:34:55 pm »

WMC can co-exist with MC but you must be careful not to let WMC take control of tuners when MC needs them.  So if you only need WMC for playing previously recorded shows, it definitely is fine.  Non-DRM'ed WMC recordings can be played inside JRiver MC too.  If you still need to use WMC for recording new shows for a while, then you need to plan it carefully so the two applications do not collide with each other on tuner usage.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up