INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and Pc crash, JRiver 24.0.75  (Read 781 times)

maccarone

JRiver and Pc crash, JRiver 24.0.75
« on: December 11, 2019, 04:26:35 pm »

Hi,

First of all, sry for my bad English.

Need help

I Updated my internal hard drive around 1 month ago and after that problems started. Before that everything was working normally.

Now when I try to look movie (mainly MKV-files) JRiver will crash, and my computer restarts immediately after that. This happens especially if I pause that movie or rewind or forward or jump from chapter to another. I have been using JRiver for many years and it's been always working like charm. It does not matter if I play that movie file either from that new Hard Drive or from my external Hard Drive.

Otherwise my pc is running fine and if I use any other program to play that exact same movie file, everything is working normally.

I attached log file, I hope that helps.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver and Pc crash, JRiver 24.0.75
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 07:10:37 pm »

If your PC restarts, that would be a driver problem. Even though other applications can play the same video, they may not be using the same driver functions, or may be transcoding audio instead of playing the original sound tracks, or not using audio Exclusive Mode.

So, given that you have updated your internal drive, check that your audio and video drivers are up to date as well. One of several recent Windows updates may have caused an incompatibility, particularly if Windows 10.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maccarone

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 10:50:55 am »

Audio and video drivers are latest ones.

I tried to change old internal hard drive back, everything is working normally with that.

So now it seems that JRiver + my new hard drive is the only "combo" which cause my pc to crash. All other programs are working fine when using my new hard drive.

Any ideas?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 04:45:13 pm »

No real ideas to point you directly to an issue. I might try;

0. Run some tests on the new hard drive to confirm that it is rock solid. New drives either fail early in their life or last a long time. It could be you have a weak drive.
1. Backup the current Library (just in case, shouldn't be needed), create a new separate Library, set it up for serving files, import a few movies, see if the issue happens then.
2. Install MC25.0.115 as a trial and see if the problem happens with your current Library.
3. Your PC is pretty fully loaded. Lots of stuff installed, and lots of drivers. There could be a conflict somewhere. Try starting Windows with less starting at boot time and see if the problem occurs. Maybe you can isolate a particular program, or more likely a driver, that is conflicting with MC. Maybe Safe Mode with Networking would still allow MC to work, and would be a good test. But I don't think MC can run in Safe Mode, as it needs components not included. Check. Or use MSConfig to limit what runs at startup.

Your logs didn't show anything obvious that I could see. It appears that you have chapters in your MKV files, which might increase the disk activity MC uses. So if the new disk is a bit weak or flaky, MC may tip it over the edge.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up