INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't install 3rd party plug-in on M26..  (Read 1026 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Can't install 3rd party plug-in on M26..
« on: December 12, 2019, 09:30:44 pm »

when selecting "Add JRiver, VST, or Winamp Plug-in" button on DSP page nothing happens.  It's a plug-in that works and is recognized on MC25.

randy_73

Re: Can't install 3rd party plug-in on M26..
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 01:54:23 am »

I can confirm the above ....   Deal breaker for me  as I can't use my BBE plugins.
Please fix this ASAP !

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 03:07:30 am »

32 bit plug-ins need the 32 bit version of MC.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 09:05:49 am »

Mine was a 64 bit plug-in, but it was fixed today.

When i went to start MC26 today, it required me to sign in as Administrator.  After doing that, I was able to install the plug-in.

Try that Randy_73.

EOM

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 03:10:40 pm »

In MC25 when I went to add a VST or DX plugin, the Windows Administrator Elevation prompt would pop up. I'd agree to the prompt and I could then add the plugin.

In MC26 when I go to add a VST or DX plugin nothing happens. For example, the list of DX plugins will populate, but when I select one the list just goes away and the plugin isn't added. If I run MC26 as an Administrator then I can add VST and DX plugins. Once they're added, they seem to remain in the DSP chain when I restart MC26 not as an Admin. But I haven't significantly tested the behavior.

I prefer the MC25 behavior, since I normally don't run as an administrator. And I'd say it's a UX problem having MC26 fail to load a plugin with no message indicating why.

RD James

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 10:37:33 am »

In MC25 when I went to add a VST or DX plugin, the Windows Administrator Elevation prompt would pop up. I'd agree to the prompt and I could then add the plugin.

In MC26 when I go to add a VST or DX plugin nothing happens. For example, the list of DX plugins will populate, but when I select one the list just goes away and the plugin isn't added. If I run MC26 as an Administrator then I can add VST and DX plugins. Once they're added, they seem to remain in the DSP chain when I restart MC26 not as an Admin. But I haven't significantly tested the behavior.

I prefer the MC25 behavior, since I normally don't run as an administrator. And I'd say it's a UX problem having MC26 fail to load a plugin with no message indicating why.
I think this is it.
MC26 doesn't seem to prompt for UAC elevation. I encountered the same thing when trying to enable the WDM driver. It said it was being enabled but didn't do anything.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 11:18:59 am »

The issue with PackageInstaller not asking for permissions will be fixed in the next build, and installing plugins like VST or the WDM driver will work as it used to.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up