INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help coming from KODI  (Read 1170 times)

Justkidding

Need help coming from KODI
« on: December 13, 2019, 10:16:39 am »

Hello everybody,

I am using Kodi for some years now but also own a license of JRiver for over a year.
Till now I only used jriver as external player for bluray (iso/bdmv) playback with menus.
As MC26 is just getting released I would like to move from Kodi to JRiver.
Unfortunately, I have two major problems.
I hope you can help me out here.

1.) I am using Ember Media Manager to scrap all my media. When I am for example looking at my movie Ant-Man I have the following structure:

Ant-Man (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015).mkv
- Ant-Man (2015).nfo
- Ant-Man (2015)-banner.jpg
- Ant-Man (2015)-poster.jpg
- Ant-Man (2015)-trailer.mkv
- .actors

I can't get JRiver to use these existing files when importing the files. Even worse JRiver always recognizes a file with -trailer.mkv as an own movie.
Can you please explain to me what is the best to import my files with such a structure?

2.) I have madVR setup to run with MPC-BE video player and configured it to my wishes. So when playing any 4k HDR file with MPC-BE it is working flawlessly. No stutters or anything like that. Unfortunately, when I play any 4k HDR file with JRiver it stutters a lot. I get hundreds of dropped frames and presentation glitches.
But I already updated madVR of JRiver to the same version I am using with MPC-BE and it also uses the same settings file.
Do you have any idea what could be the reasons for the playback problems in JRiver?

Thanks a lot for help
justkidding

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: Need help coming from KODI
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 10:44:55 am »

I can't really help you with #2, but I can help with #1.

If all of your trailer filenames are like your Ant-Man example and all end in -trailer.mkv.  You could easily search for those and change the Media Sub Type from Movie to Trailer which would keep it separate from your movies. 

To use your poster image right click the movie, choose "Cover Art" and then choose "Add From File..." and select your poster. 

As for the other files, I am not sure how you want them to be used.  I am not sure how you'd want to use the banner.  If you're willing to really get your hands dirty, you may be interested in this thread

I know that MC does support .nfo files, but I don't have any experience there.  I am sure a search of the forum/wiki could bring you lots of info.  I don't know what .actors is.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 12:37:36 pm »

1) If your poster is named exactly like movie file, MC will use that (thought that was standard for Kodi too)

Moe already told you how to fix what was imported

To automate new imports ... in auto import configure ... edit setting for movie folder ... in apply these tags add a rule for Media Sub Type

if(regex,/#trailer#/,0,0), Trailer, Movie)

2) to use MadVR in MC ... need to use Red October HQ mode in video option (I remember ppl reported issues if use Custom ... it was resolved but I do not recall what was causing stuttering) .. MC uses its own copy of MadVR which is latest (unless you want to use experimental builds which MC developers do not recommend to use)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Justkidding

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 11:30:41 am »

Thank you guys :)

If MC would use the poster that would be enough for me.
Do you mean with exactly named like the movie file without the addition of "-poster"?
So when my movie is named "Ant-Man (2015).mkv" the poster must be named "Ant-Man (2015).jpg"?
In import settings I also so the option "Analyse audio / video files" but this takes really long.
What is this option doing exactly?

Regarding madVR:
Yeah, I want to use the beta versions madVR as these are really adding an huge benefit to madVR - especially when watching 4k HDR movies. So I set video settings to custom in MC.
Still I get the stuttering.

@Moe: Thank you for the link! I will look into this when I have more time and the basics are working fine :). It looks really interesting.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 08:54:36 am »

Yup ... so movie.mkv ... movie.jpg would be considered its poster (there are other options too like folder.jpg but this doesn’t work if you have multiple movies in same folde)

Analyzing audio determines its peak and dynamic range ... generally it’s for music ... if your audio has been analyzed ... you can then apply DSP so all your tracks will be adjusted to similar volume

Audio analyze is not so useful for movie ... plus audio has to be converted to pcm for volume leveling to be applied ... and you loose atoms and dtsx if you do that
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 09:00:41 am »

I think stuttering in Custom has something to do with Lav filters ... try searching forum I distinctly remember this being discussed

You can try replacing MC MadVR with version of MadVR you want to use (somewhere in app data/roaming profile)  ... then RedOctober HQ will use that MadVR version and its internal LAV filter (which more stable) ...  but do not expect any help from developers as they only give support to MadVR version shipped with MC

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 09:09:22 am »

for madVr/Red October HQ, try first to use the defaults that MC provides.   See if they make a difference.

From there you can always customize, which for madVR can be a challenging task.  note that selecting a pre-defined setting in MC will overwrite your custom settings, so back them up first if needed.

For trailers and such, beyond what others have already posted, you can also stack titles which i use extensively.   this would for example group your related content together.  with some work you can generally get MC to display things in any view the way you want it.   

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables
Pages: [1]   Go Up