INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost library MC25?  (Read 779 times)

sadaunhe1

• Recent member
Lost library MC25?
« on: December 13, 2019, 12:45:05 pm »

I have a music library on a dedicated drive that resides in my Synology DS415+. The library contains, as of today, 979GB in the form of more than 12k audio files. The drive capacity is 4TB. When I upgraded to MC25, all of my library connections were broken, so the library effectively disappeared from MC25. I have never had this happen on any previous upgrade. Thankfully, the audio files are still present and in good form on the server. The files (those I have tested) will play in MC25, when I simply open a folder and double-click a file. The back-ups for the network drives appear to be fine, as well.

I have had to re-import/recreate the entire original main library. Am I going to have to do this every time I upgrade?I have no clue what I've done wrong. Is there some setting I've gotten wrong that has caused this? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Scott D.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lost library MC25?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 02:44:47 pm »

Restore a backup.  MC makes them automatically.

sadaunhe1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 04:11:24 pm »

Thanks, Jim, for your reply. I see that my note wasn't very clear, now that I've re-read it. I did restore from a back-up; that's what I was trying to say. My concern was, having never had to do that before, when I upgraded, I wondered what I had done incorrectly that cause the links to be lost, therefore requiring the backup. Thanks, again.

Scott D.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 07:47:51 pm »

The MC Upgrade process sometimes doesn't find the Library from the previous version, in my experience. Usually because you have more than one Library, and/or you don't have the Default Main Library open at the time, or last time you opened MC. Maybe because you don't have MC open when you start the upgrade, and don't have the "Always load default Library" setting ticked. I've never confirmed exactly what the conditions are for MC not finding the previous Library, but the above seems to be the main reasons.

Restoring a Library Backup overcomes that problem.

This bit was of most concern, and why I didn't answer earlier.

I have had to re-import/recreate the entire original main library.

Readers, never, ever, ever re-import anything just because you did an upgrade. Restore a Library Backup.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

sadaunhe1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 09:53:38 pm »

Thanks for your answer. I'll change the things you've suggested and see what happens next time  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up