INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Tube Playback Issues (Again)  (Read 1137 times)

samtheman57

• Junior Woodchuck
You Tube Playback Issues (Again)
« on: December 15, 2019, 02:24:53 pm »

Hello: I successfully downloaded and installed MC 26 yesterday. I am having the same issues (discussed in a post from 2015) with playing YouTube files inside the player. Specifically this is exactly what happened yesterday when trying to play the files inside the player. I chose (using Ctrl while clicking YouTube link) the same option each time. Sometimes they play inside the player and revert to Theater view, sometimes not.The same thing happened as in this 2015 post:                                                                                                                           

"I found one browsing around for a bit that wouldn't play and gave that exact error: Failed to find or open file (hr=0x80004005), but I played a bunch of stuff that worked fine (15 or 20 videos)."

Any help or insight appreciated.                                                                                                               

samtheman57

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: You Tube Playback Issues (Again)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 02:27:10 pm »

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 05:57:21 am »

When I click on a video in YouTube (in Standard View), at the same time as the dialog box pops up, the video starts playing in the background, as if I selected "Show the webpage". So if I choose "Play the file inside the player" it plays on top of each other, so to avoid double audio, I have to exit Display View to stop it on the webpage, and then go into Display View again.

It's been like this for a couple of years, but it didn't do that before. Very annoying, since I mostly use Standard View to watch YouTube videos.

And I've tried all browser engines and all sorts of settings, including updating Chrome, Explorer and Firefox on the computer, but nothing helps.

Also having the problems you describe, and it's not video specific, which means one video can play okay one day, and the SAME video can't play on a different day. Sometimes I restart MC, and it suddenly plays, other times it doesn't. And some videos won't play at all...
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

audunth

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 06:02:48 am »

BTW it doesn't help ticking "Keep using this answer" either, it still starts every video twice, both inside the browser window and in the player.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

audunth

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 06:07:20 am »

Hmmm...just found out, holding CTRL will only play the video in the player (like it should when you just click), but that brings up the dialog every time. So this is definately some kind of bug.

I've also asked years ago if MC could remember the "Keep using this answer" between MC restarts, because that's how I always want to watch YouTube videos. It would still be possible to hold CTRL to download etc.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Pages: [1]   Go Up