INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to Use Multiple WASAPI USB Sound Cards  (Read 1082 times)

chstuart

• Recent member
Trying to Use Multiple WASAPI USB Sound Cards
« on: December 16, 2019, 08:29:07 pm »

I downloaded MC26 yesterday and have been playing with it. I purchase MC18 a long time ago and have enjoyed it very much over the years. I am using 3 different WASAPI USB Sound Cards for three different Zones. However, only one of the USB/Zones will play. The other two USB/Zones trigger a "Playback Problem" error. I have attached a snapshot of the error message. BTW, these three Zones play fine on MC18 so I am not sure why only one out of the three work on MC26?

I am interested in upgrading MC for the first time in many years so please help me resolve this issue. Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trying to Use Multiple WASAPI USB Sound Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 02:00:34 am »

You may need to change the audio device for each zone.  Exclusive Mode may matter.

Do they each work separately?

The wiki has a topic on Audio Setup.

chstuart

• Recent member
Re: Trying to Use Multiple WASAPI USB Sound Cards
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 02:28:17 pm »

I found the issue. I tried playing various file formats and sample rates and found that a 96KHz file played just fine so that lead me to zero in on the sample rate of the files that would not play.

Apparently, the USB sound cards I am using cannot play sample rates below 48,000 Hz so I opened DSP Studio and set 44,100 and anything less than 44,100 to 48,000. All 3 USB sound cards are playing now with no issue. Thank you for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up