INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC switches to audio folders on its own(solved)  (Read 995 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
MC switches to audio folders on its own(solved)
« on: December 21, 2019, 07:52:19 am »

I have been having a crazy thing happen for the last few weeks, both with version 25 and now 26. After a fresh startup of The PC and then MC I can go to theatre view and then the guide and after the guide comes up for some reason it will just switch to my audio files like I pressed the audio button. This seemed to start when I updated to the 25.0.114 update in version 25. I thought that installing version 26 would fix it but it still happens. After about three times of this happening it seems to be ok and I can use the guide and choose a tv show to watch. It will switch to the audio page without and button presses on the remote or keyboard. Any suggestions on what to look for? I still have version 25 installed, should I uninstall it?
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC switches to audio folders on its own
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 08:53:15 am »

Stuck key on a remote?

RD James

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 12:18:17 pm »

I've also noticed that views will sometimes "randomly" switch to a specific Zone. I think it's technically Zone 0, but I'm not sure if MC's UI surfaces that detail anywhere.
I've been trying to track down a reproducible cause for it over the past week or so.

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 02:09:38 pm »

Stuck key on a remote?

I thought of that but right now I do not have a remote programmed to directly access to audio files. I even removed the batteries from the two different remotes we use one at a time and it still does it when MC is restarted. Once it has been running for a while it does not switch to audio on its own. Got me puzzled.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 03:46:47 pm »

I think it's technically Zone 0, but I'm not sure if MC's UI surfaces that detail anywhere.

Hover your mouse over the Zone under Paying Now. The tooltip will show the Zone ID and Zone Index. MC will switch to the default Zone if it can't connect to the currently selected Zone, so depending what type of Zone you have, maybe MC is intermittently losing access to it.

I guess that in Theatre View, if MC is playing to a Zome that drops in and out, then MC might switch to the Audio section when it falls back to the Default "Player" Zone. But that is just a bit of a guess as I can't test that.

PS: I haven't seen any strange switches to Audio or Zone switches using MC25.0.115.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 06:44:06 pm »

I think I solved the mystery of MC switching to audio on it's own. I never did get all of the remote commands working with my MX-850 URC remote when I switched to version 25. Today I decided to get them all working in version 26. I went into the remote commands table and entered the missing commands. I then started testing them and every time I hit the enter button it switched to the audio files. I tried my HP MCE remote and everything worked properly. I then taught the HP commands to the MX-850 remote and then relearned the commands to the commands table, now they all work properly. Somehow the audio command was corrupted and when I deleted it and relearned it all is well. I really am not sure what was wrong but it all now works. Big thing is the wife is happy with it. She can now go directly to the Guide, Recorded TV shows, the Video Library, or the Audio Files with just a button press.   Thanks all for the suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up