INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver is Closed for Two Weeks, Open Again on January 6th  (Read 884 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver is Closed for Two Weeks, Open Again on January 6th
« on: December 24, 2019, 05:53:58 am »

We're closed now until January 6th.   I hope it snows two feet!  I'm staying next to the fire.

As a kid, I learned to say "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" this time of year even though I was a pretty poor student in Sunday School.  The simple words still evoke a nice time of year when all the lights and smiles come on.  For us in the Northern Hemisphere, it's a happy way to skip through the darkest time of year.

Now, with a very mixed culture, we in the U.S. just say "Happy Holidays", hoping that won't offend anyone.

I was gone for the last two weeks, traveling, partly on business, but mostly on pleasure.  I saw some wonderful things in Paris, Montreux, Portofino, and Nice.  But nothing warmed my heart more than what happened last night on the way back to the airport parking lot in Minneapolis.  We were the only two people in the little bus, so I talked to the driver. 

I assumed he was from Somalia because we have a very big communty here of Somali's, and they've been very successful in keeping their culture and adapting to Minnesota in every way.  I later learned he was from Ethiopia and had been in the U.S. for six years.  He's about 50, distinguished in appearance, and has family here.

I said, "I imagine you get a  lot of Merry Xmas wishes" these days.  He grinned and said, "I do but I don't mind.  People are very happy."

I asked him, "Do you have a holiday at this time of year?"  When he didn't reply at once, I said "Do you celebrate Ramadan?"  He said, "Yes, I do."  I was relieved to know I had guessed correctly.  "But it isn't for four months now."

I asked him what he was trained for in Ethiopia, what he did there.  He said he was a judge.

When we got off in the dark and snowy parking lot, he helped us with our bags and I gave him a tip, one I earned with a little of your money! 

He gave me a big smile, put his hands together, pointing up, and said "Good night.  Merry Xmas."

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver is Closed for Two Weeks, Open Again on January 6th
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 06:05:41 am »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Jim and team!

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 02:30:31 pm »

That was nice :)
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 03:05:30 pm »

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year ! 

I'm not much into the Happy Holiday concept, but I am more than excited to recognise and participate in any celebrations so, I'll get in an early / belated best wishes for:
Happy New Year (Chinese)
Happy Hanukkah
Happy Ramadan
Happy Diwali
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 04:15:13 pm »

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to JRiver and all our community here.

Offence can't be given. It can only be taken, and if it is, that is a choice.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 07:45:08 pm »

That is a nice story!  Thanks for posting it.  Merry Christmas!
Pages: [1]   Go Up