INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with Zoneswitch  (Read 903 times)

tom-joad

Trouble with Zoneswitch
« on: December 22, 2019, 10:00:58 am »

I have long searched for a thread on this topic, I have found many but none that have helped me in a decisive way and now I feel a little confused. I have an Intel i5 NUC with jriver 25 that I use with an analog IV MSB DAC, all works fine. My problem is the following: when I listen to SACD ISO images I need the DSP to be configured for DSD over DOP (no problem the sound performance is excellent) if instead I listen to FLAC or MP4 files I use another DSP to upsample at 384khz (here too no problem, the performance is excellent). To make things easier I thought of creating 2 different Zones with different DSPs, that's the problem! as long as I manually set the zones everything seems to work (but it is inconvenient, boring and requires me to remember what type of file I am listening to). But if I use Zoneswitch because according to the files sent in play the correct DSP is selected something is not going in the right direction ... I tried to create rules based on the file extensions but nothing (for example if the file is DSD or DSF or ISO then go to Zone 1 with DSP 1, if it is MP4, FLAC, Wav then go to Zone 2 with DSP 2). Where am I wrong? Thank you in advance

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Trouble with Zoneswitch
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 02:01:37 pm »

You may need to post a screen shot of your Zone Switch Config for others to advise.

Another thought however, Have you tried "Tools --> Options --> Settings --> Bitstreaming: DSD" (or any of the DSD Sub Options).  This way MC will just bitstream DSD but decode all others?
JRiver CEO Elect

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 09:05:59 pm »

You may need to post a screen shot of your Zone Switch Config for others to advise.

Another thought however, Have you tried "Tools --> Options --> Settings --> Bitstreaming: DSD" (or any of the DSD Sub Options).  This way MC will just bitstream DSD but decode all others?
That might not work as DSD needs to be DoP according to OP.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 09:08:13 pm »

Another thing to consider is that ZoneSwitch doesn't work in mixed playlists, I believe. So if you have a playing now that has PCM and DSD tracks, you will not get the switching.

Also, do you have rules to stop playback in other zones first in place? If both zones are using the same sound device, you may have to implement this too. Like jmone says, a screenshot might be most helpful.

tom-joad

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 10:09:30 am »

Another thing to consider is that ZoneSwitch doesn't work in mixed playlists, I believe. So if you have a playing now that has PCM and DSD tracks, you will not get he switching.

Also, do you have rules to stop playback in other zones first in place? If both zones are using the same sound device, you may have to implement this too. Like jmone says, a screenshot might be most helpful.

Yes! Before posting the screenshots as suggested by jmone I deleted and redone everything again. Probably making continuous corrections something had gone wrong. One of the problems I encountered (as said by fitbrit) is that in one Zone I had not put rules to block playback in both the other two, but only in one. Deleting and doing it all over again, now everything works perfectly:
Zone 1: DSD over DOP 2CH for DSD, DSF, SACD-ISO on MSB DAC IV
Zone 2: Flac, Mp3, M4a, Wav on MSB DAC IV
Zome 3: DSD -> PCM 6CH on Denon AVR 7200W
Many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up