INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 26 and new hard drive  (Read 626 times)

zonka

• World Citizen
JRiver 26 and new hard drive
« on: December 28, 2019, 09:45:46 am »

My old hard drive is full so I've needed to upgrade and move all my music to the new one.  Here's the question - all the playlists I created in JRiver were pointed at the old hard drive (different drive letter, etc...).  How will this work if all my music is moved to another hard drive with a different drive letter but the same folder structure?  Will I lose all my playlists and have to re-create them?  Are there any other issues I need to be aware of before the final switch over?

Thanks for any tips from those of you who have done this in the past!
Happy New Year to everyone on the board!

Thanks,
Drew

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver 26 and new hard drive
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 11:20:12 am »

Move all your music to a new , presumably bigger, drive, keep the directory structure the same,

I am Windows so ....assume your existing drive iso D:

Use Control panel>computer admin> disc management to change the old Drive to say X , then change the new drive to the old letter say D:

Re run Auto  import , MC won't know the difference

BACK UP BEFORE YOU START ........

is that what you want

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver 26 and new hard drive
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 02:47:57 pm »

Also, before you backup it helps to disable auto-import in the settings or disable missing file removal in the auto-import settings. If you do not, MC will begin scanning the original location and if it is missing (say you want to change drive letters and use RM&C to point the database to a new location) it will remove files from the database faster than you can disable it after a library restore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up