INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perc season and episode data?  (Read 930 times)

OverTheAir

• Recent member
Perc season and episode data?
« on: December 31, 2019, 06:07:01 pm »

Does EPG Perc data for USA OTA service include Season and Episode data that I should expect to show in MC TV Standard view (and hopefully be included in the recorded file name), because I'm not seeing it currently listed using the trial version of Perc data? The rest of the columns seem to be populated OK.

I'm on MC 25. Up to this point I have used the Windows Media Center mc2xml EPG source which provided this useful season and episode data. With the cessation of the  WMC EPG service I am now evaluating other EPG options, strating with the Perc data 7-day evaluation.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Perc season and episode data?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 07:09:48 pm »

Perc Data is provided by the same people who provide Schedules Direct. It is the commercial version of Schedules Direct.

Schedules Direct does have Season and Episode data, but the initial version of Perc Data did not. They were planning to add all the data available through Schedules Direct to Perc Data. It sounds like they haven't done that yet.

Perhaps contact Perc Data and put some pressure on? They must be very aware of the issue. But they are all volunteers I believe, with the subscription just covering the source data, so be firm and gentle.  ;)

There are some software applications that can enhance EPG data that is sourced in XMLTV format, which is what MC uses for Perc Data I believe. "EPG Collector" is one such product that not only gathers OTA EPG data, but can import XMLTV format data and I think it can enhance that imported data. There are other solutions, but most are old and not being actively developed as far as I know. Google a few.

I'm not sure if there would be issues with the MC setup if your EPG source was Perc Data, but you wanted to enhance that data with Season and Episode metadata before importing into MC. i.e. Run Perc Data collection, enhance using EPG Collector, import data into MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

OverTheAir

• Recent member
Re: Perc season and episode data?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 01:35:07 pm »

Thanks. I took your advice and contacted Perc data. It seems there are no plans to include season and episode data and low likelihood of that changing. The following is what I asked and their response.

Q: "I am trialing Perc data to provide EPG data for JRiver Media Center but I notice there is no Season or Episode data being shown. Does Perc data include this information ... suggesting that MC is failing to extract it ... or is it not included? If not currently included do you have a timeline when this will be included?"

A: "Sorry... it's not in the feed we get from our upstream provider.  I doubt it will ever be added as it is a legacy product."

As you point out Schedules Direct seems to have "standard" and "enhanced" services, the latter JSON service supporting season and episode data according to the mc2xml site here http://mc2xml.awardspace.info/ In any event further research is required.
Pages: [1]   Go Up