INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help! Problem with managing cover art.  (Read 856 times)

AMMD

Please help! Problem with managing cover art.
« on: January 02, 2020, 04:34:25 pm »

Hi, I am having issues with the cover art on MC25. Problem is as follows: Ive compiled an album out of individual tracks from different sources. All that these tracks really have in common is the name of the album which I have set via the tag editor, as well as the album artist, which I have also set (trivially, "Various Artists"). The individual files presumably have cover art embedded in their individual tags.

I want this album to have NO cover art. Accordingly, I have selected the option to remove cover art. This is all well and good, the individual tags are marked as updated and the cover art appears as deleted. After a while though, it seems some old saved cover art from one of the files starts to "spread" through the rest of the files, until all files (and therefore the album) are then marked with the old cover art again.

This issue is SUPREMELY annoying. Ive tried setting no cover art, setting a new cover art (copying from clipboard), cleaning the cover art folder on disc, setting the files themselves to read-only, nothing seems to help.

I would be very grateful for your comments!!

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Please help! Problem with managing cover art.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 05:26:40 pm »

You might try:-
Select the files, right click Cover art > Remove cover art,  then right click Library tools and select Update Library (from tags) as soon as the cover art removal has finished.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 05:28:28 pm »

MC will use art files found in the directory in some situations.  Try the wiki topic on cover art.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 11:36:05 pm »

My gut feeling for this one is your auto-import settings...

Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto-import

Find the rule that covers this directory and untick "Get Cover Art"

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up