INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control Plugins?  (Read 1529 times)

tom-chang

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Remote Control Plugins?
« on: May 01, 2003, 09:26:56 am »

The web site has no items listed under the Remote Control Plugins!  Does anyone know where I can find them (for version 9)?  

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Remote Control Plugins?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 10:23:26 am »

You don't need them. Girder will send commands directly to MC9 via the GML that is included with the latest builds (from 161 and up, I think), while NetRemote uses Remote Server, which is under Startup settings.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 12:59:11 pm »

Unless you, like me, have a remote that Girder doesn't seem to support (as is, anyway).

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 01:09:22 pm »

What remote is that?

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 01:20:50 pm »

The X10 JR20A "MouseRemote".  I'm literally looking at it "more deeply" right now...  It appears that Girder does support this remote, but I have to download 500 plugins and INI files, and earn a Ph.D. in Girder along the way to make it work.  I'm quite confused but I just might prevail.

The sorry bit is that I just disconnected that thing and stashed it and the receiver in my closet!

Update: Well, I'll be dipped in doo-doo, but it works!  It was confusing to set up, but not too terrible.  If I thought anyone cared, I'd outline the steps I took.  Oh well, I garnered my info from the Girder forums, if anyone needs the info.

One very unfortunate fact is that Girder is useless to manipulate MC9 if the latter is minimized to the tray.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 10:20:11 pm »

Good thing you got it working! I sort of reconed that Girder would have some way of making it dance. Doesn't mjextman-commands work when you have MC9 in tray? Also, if you haven't tried this (and if it's not on by default) you could try to have enabled "match invisible tasks" in the target section of the windows message commands. It could work.

sraymond

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 10:35:16 pm »

Also, if you haven't tried this (and if it's not on by default) you could try to have enabled "match invisible tasks" in the target section of the windows message commands. It could work.

Yes, sir, you are correct.  If you don't have "match invisible tasks" checked and you have MC set to minimize to the systray, MC won't receive the command, while it's in MINI-ME or minimized to the systray.  The solution is to do as you've suggested and change all events to "Match invisible Tasks".

I wonder if someone (bspachman?) will update his .gml for us all?

Scott-

whoeveryouare

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2003, 12:23:55 am »

you could try to have enabled "match invisible tasks" in the target section of the windows message commands. It could work.

And indeed it does work.  Thank you much!

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2003, 01:24:09 am »

You're welcome! Nice to know that some of my shots in the dark hits something else than my foot...  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up