INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home Theater Advice  (Read 829 times)

stevem87

• Junior Woodchuck
Home Theater Advice
« on: January 04, 2020, 10:49:38 am »

Hi all, I need some help. I have a home theater set up with an old TV that I will be replacing soon. I am currently listening to music using MC through my PS3. I also have Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as a free air antenna with a Tivo tuner/DVR. Everything currently plays through the PS3 except the Tivo. The PS3 is archaic to say the least and not gapless and the audio is through DNLA so there's that. I would love to have the theater view on the main TV. Is the ID better for me than just using a PC. I have one I can possibly get my hands on. Or is there a third option I am unaware of. Also, all my audio is on a NAS server.

Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Home Theater Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 08:58:22 am »

If you need TV tuner support on this machine, it needs to be a PC.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Home Theater Advice
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 02:22:14 pm »

Well, Steve could use a NUC plus a network tuner, such as a HDHomerun.

But I believe that a NUC is still limited in GPU power, and HDMI audio still has issues, so if you want to watch the latest movies and want to listen to the latest audio format for the movie, a PC would be better. Also, a PC can have a Blu-ray drive in it. While you could attached a USB optical drive, USB connected drives can have issues.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up