INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyze Audio on import creates database tags but does not update file tags  (Read 495 times)

JHaycox

• Recent member

Analyze Audio on import is creating database entries when I import files on my main computer.  But when I transfer these files to another computer the information is missing from the file tags.  Is there a way to automatically copy the tags to files when Analyze Audio is done on import?

Secondly, is there a way to resolve existing mismatches (e.g. identify files where tags do not match the database).

I can't use update tags from database because it changes the file modified date even if tags are already identical and that messes up backup.  If I could create a list of files needing the analyze audio tags I could selectively update from database.

I sometimes do a bit by bit compare of files on the two machines.  Doing a second analyze audio on that machine might interfere with the compare.

Update 1/8/2020: I found acceptable workarounds.  If I use the library tool / analyze audio it does update file tags.  It would be nice if the background analyze audio were consistent but the way things are is good enough.  I can just turn off background analyze and do foreground analyze using the smart-list "needs audio analysis".  I normally used this list anyway to be sure background analyze was complete before copying.

Using the smart-list I was able to identify 18 albums on my second machine with files missing analyze tags and manually update those on the primary computer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up