INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Channel web page *BUG*  (Read 1121 times)

sraymond

TV Channel web page *BUG*
« on: April 30, 2003, 08:39:03 pm »

Straight from the help file:

TV Channel web Page

Insert the web page of a TV Channel, then you can easily switch between watching the TV channel, and viewing its web site.

Go to Options, select a channel, and click on Modify

Enter a URL.

When you watch the channel, right-click and select Display | TV or Display | web.

You can also switch between the two modes by clicking on the arrows in the Display Status bar. If the bar is hidden, simply hover the mouse on the display area.

This doesn't work for me.  MC always tries to connect to "tv.yahoo.com" regardless of what I put in the URL.

Is this a known bug?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TV Channel web page *BUG*
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 04:27:22 am »

This works exactly as above for me.

Maybe the fiddling you did with the registry?

Are you entering a full URL?

http://www.mediajukebox.com  for example.

sraymond

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 06:17:56 pm »

Jim,

I did a complete uninstall (including directory deletion), including a purge of the registry of anything JRiver-esque.  I reinstalled the latest beta (.166) - still no joy.

The only thing that might be an issue is that I'm useing myIE2 on top of IE6...  but I can't see how that'd be a problem.

When I swich to web, I always get the same old three sites.

Any ideas?

Scott-

sraymond

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 08:10:11 pm »

OK...  I've got it figured out.  It's either a bug or an undocumented "feature".  I don't use MC to tune the channels - rather I use my VCR.  And the problem is with input sources vice tuner channels.

I was trying to apply the URL to an input source vice a tuner channel.  In the registry, the input source prefixes "Input source" to the URL that's stored in the Media Jukebox|Properties|TV Channel key related to the channel name.

I added a tuner channel and the URL works fine...  meaning I just can't associate a URL to my input source (VCR).  This is compounded by the inability to add websites to the "TV View Websites" key.

While this is minor, I'd still call it a bug...  and hopefully others will gain from my experience.  Might this get fixed in the short term?

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up