INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] MC rewinds recorded show on its own  (Read 1658 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
[SOLVED] MC rewinds recorded show on its own
« on: January 08, 2020, 03:14:52 pm »

Hi all, got a strange issue. When watching a previously recorded TV show It will just start to rewind on it's own. If I hit pause then skip forward to the point where it started rewinding it when will then play fine. Today this happened right after we started viewing live OTA TV, about five minutes into the show it just started rewinding. This is the first time this has happened when watching live tv. I am running MC 26.0.14. Today I installed version .015 today and it still happened. Any ideas? I have also tried Red October standard and HQ and does it on both. Time shifting is enabled.
My system info is in my signature.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC rewinds recorded show on its own
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 06:21:00 pm »

You have a stuck button on your remote control, or keyboard, or a bad connection somewhere.

Or the dog, or you, or someone, keeps sitting on the remote. Seriously. This has been the solution for at least one user in the past!

Or if you are using an RF remote, some interference is starting the rewind. Neighbour's air conditioner? IR Remote? Got a kid that likes to prank people? Or maybe just some IR device or appliance that could be sending out IR signals?

MC doesn't just start rewinding without receiving a command from somewhere.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 07:16:15 pm »

I have thought of the stuck button on the remote but what is strange is that after it happens once it will not do it again until the next time I start MC. Tomorrow I will look at the remote commands and see if there is anything there. 
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 09:36:13 pm »

I think I found out what was causing my rewind issues. I picked up my wireless keyboard to move it and the show started rewinding without me pushing any buttons. I pulled the batteries out of it and will see if it continues to act up. What is strange it that when the rewinding first started the keyboard was sitting on a table without being used.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 03:44:20 am »

I've seen similar things with my Logitech K400r wireless keyboard, though usually while handling it.

A temperature change in the room might explain a key being activated while it was sitting on a table.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 09:52:17 pm »

That is the same keyboard I have. Strange is how these things can happen with the keyboard sitting on a table. I will order a new one tomorrow. The only time I use the keyboard is when making changes or when The computer get's stupid due to a windows update. Thanks for the response. Any suggestions on a replacement?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 10:40:44 pm »

Well, the first thing I would do is change the batteries in the keyboard, since you have this model. Batteries near end of life can cause strange things to happen.

If that didn't solve the issue I would open up the keyboard case and clean everything. The problem could just be a bit of dirt or rubbish stuck near a key.

Then I wouldn't buy anything until I was sure the problem was gone with the keyboard powered down either. The keyboard has a power button so it is easy to just switch it off when you don't need to use it.

My motto: Repair, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle, Replace (or Rubbish).

If I did need to replace the K400r I would look at one of those small combined Remote Controls with the tiny keyboard on the back for daily use. But they probably aren't good for typing much, like I am doing with the K400r right now. So I might keep a larger keyboard such as the K400r and have a new small unit as well. But I haven't looked at what is available recently.
PS: Go for quality, not price, on those small units. Some of the cheap units are just that: Cheap.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 06:37:21 am »

That is the same keyboard I have. Strange is how these things can happen with the keyboard sitting on a table. I will order a new one tomorrow. The only time I use the keyboard is when making changes or when The computer get's stupid due to a windows update. Thanks for the response. Any suggestions on a replacement?
k400r here also.  I just wish it could control more than one machine. 

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 09:18:14 am »

Thanks guys, I replaced the batteries last night and will see if it keeps acting up. I had forgotten about the power button so I will try it for a few days with the button off, then turn it on. I did some looking for a new keyboard and there are not a lot of choices out there for a touch pad keyboard and the K400r is very popular. If I remember I bought the K400r based on a recommendation on this forum.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 02:30:50 pm »

k400r here also.  I just wish it could control more than one machine.

Or in my case, switch between the HTPC and the Sony TV, which can also accept Bluetooth keyboard inputs, apparently.

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 11:57:16 am »

New batteries did not solve the issue. As soon as I powered up the keyboard the show I was watching started rewinding. I guess I will order a new one.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 01:11:37 pm »

Turn the keyboard upside down and bonk it against a table top.  Watch the crumbs come out!

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 04:41:54 pm »

Turn the keyboard upside down and bonk it against a table top.  Watch the crumbs come out!

Ha Ha!!!!  If it was my laptop I could believe that but this keyboard sits on a side table most all of the time. For fun I will try that just to see if it changes anything. I might remove the back and see if I can see anything and blow it out with some low psi air pressure.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 04:43:00 pm »

:D Yep. Or buy a can of compressed air and blow the crumbs out. Yes, you can buy cans of compressed air. Or use 3M sticky notes to slide around under keys to pull the dirt out. Or Google how to clean keyboards.

If that doesn't work, if you are going to replace it anyway, open it up and clean inside as I suggested previously.

EDIT: You responded while I was typing. Use high psi air!

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2020, 05:23:34 pm »

:D EDIT: You responded while I was typing. Use high psi air!

My shop air compressor is set at 175 psi. is that high enough ;)?

I will try it with a safety blow nozzle @ 25 psi. Should clean it without causing any damage.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 06:14:20 pm »

I use 60 to 100 psi... carefully. I haven't blown any keys off any keyboards yet!  ;D

Starting at 25 psi may be wise.  8)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Re: [SOLVED] MC rewinds recorded show on its own
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 10:57:19 am »

Today I recieved my new Logitech K400p keyboard and it solved my issue of MC rewinding on its own. I really would like to know what happened to cause it to start doing the rewind. Last night I had to use it and when done with it I shut it off and the show started to rewind.
Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up