INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo - How to make it display artist/album correctly  (Read 562 times)

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Gizmo - How to make it display artist/album correctly
« on: January 08, 2020, 06:16:25 pm »

GIZMO - I cannot figure out how to get Gizmo to display artists with only one album correctly.  What I mean is that it will show the artist and then skip the album and go right to the tracks.  If the artist has more than 1 album, it is fine.

Hope that makes sense

I have Artist (with grouping 1) then artist again (without grouping) then album (date oldest first)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo - How to make it display artist/album correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 04:53:03 am »

That is the normal functionality of MC.

You see it in Theatre View Artist View as well. In fact, it happens anywhere that there are three levels of data. For example TV Show Series-Season-Episodes.

As Gizmo just requests data from MC based on your selection using search functions, and MC sends the structured data, it is actually MC skipping the Album level even when you are using Gizmo, or JRemote2, (or JRemote on iOS I suspect).

Of all the players, the only one I know that will step down through Artist-Album-Tracks even when there is only one Album is "MO 4Media", and I think that is because it was deliberately programmed that way, while JRiver products just use the results from the MCWS search request.

TL;DR: You can't make Gizmo do that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 01:38:51 pm »

This is a bummer.  The way I have always got around it, in the past, was to have it read my directory structure instead of tags.  Sucks though

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 03:11:48 pm »

Yeah. Some people don't like it. But it saves click/taps. I'm sort of agnostic toward it now, as I understand what it is doing, and the album info is still available in the list of tracks and Playing Now once played.

I doubt Gizmo is ever going to get any more changes. I still use it as my backup. Have you tried JRemote2? Much nicer, though still in early development.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up