INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9.0.165 - CD Burning Process Priority  (Read 986 times)

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
MC9.0.165 - CD Burning Process Priority
« on: May 01, 2003, 06:46:27 am »

A few weeks/months ago a build of MC 9.0 change (uped) the process priority of CD burning thread (for some reason).  Now, my system is unusable (very slooooow) when burning and I have to wait for the burn to finish before I can use my PC again.  For those of use with state-of-the-art CD-RW drives, buffer-underrun errors are a thing of the past...for 3+ years for me now.  I did not have a problem before (with burning CDs) and the priority boost has not improved anything for me (just made my PC unusable during burns).

Can we set the priority back to normal if burn-proof technology is detected on your CD-RW drive?  Or, have some manual setting for such somewhere in MC 9.0?

Thanks...

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC9.0.165 - CD Burning Process Priority
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 02:51:53 pm »

Nevermind...it's only a problem (resource hog) when you burn Audio CDs and have Cross-fading/DSP effects enabled (was using Cross-fading).  I can understand the overhead involved with this (on my slow PII 450mhz PC).

MachineHead

Re: MC9.0.165 - CD Burning Process Priority
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 04:25:55 pm »

ZRocker-

I feel for ya. Just got a new pc couple of days ago. Went from ripping sequences that took nearly 30+ minutes (PII-333), to mere minutes. Ripped four cd's (ape) this  morning before I went work. Hit 28.3x on the rip speed!!

Best part, the rig cost a tick over a grand with monitor, and includes two drives >> DVD-Rom & CD-RW.  120 gb HD, and 512 ram. Office Max has a great deal on these things right now...

Athlon 2600+ for processor. It is about the same as a P4 2.53, more or less.

Also stuck in the old 80 gb drive from the old pc. Now have 200GB waiting to be filled with MC magic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up