INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [v26.x]: DL problem with authenticated podcast  (Read 833 times)

Alpengreis

• Recent member
[v26.x]: DL problem with authenticated podcast
« on: January 09, 2020, 02:59:15 pm »

Hello

I have many podcasts subscribed and no problem after change from v25 to v26 ... EXCEPT for the one which needs authentication!

The one with authentication was no problem to subscribe and it displays the episodes correctly. BUT: a download of an episode is not possible (error msg).

It a authenticated podcast via PATREON and it was never a problem in v25.x (x64). The problem starts really exactly since I installed the v26 (x64). Also important the URL is correct and I have no problem to download episodes in iTunes (Win 10 Store-App).

The URL format of this Patreon Podcast is as following:

https://www.patreon.com/rss/insertmoin?auth=mykey

Of course the "mykey" string above is NOT the real string (I don't write it in the public of course). However: if you need it for testing, I could tell you the real authentication string via Email or something like that.

Kind regards,
Alpengreis

PS: OS = Win 10 Pro x64 [Version 10.0.18363.535]

BeerWill

• yup
Re: [v26.x]: DL problem with authenticated podcast
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 05:47:53 pm »

I'm seconding this problem. Happened immediately on installing v26.   Currently using v26.0.15 on Windows 10  v1909 build 18363.535

The issue appears to be related to the download url rather than the podcast URL, since the podcast list of episodes shows correctly.
Individual URL downloads are quite long - over 200 characters - due to the security tokens etc.

Note that there is no handshaking authentication done on either the Podcast URL or the Episode URL, they are plain urls. Copying a url from the Episode Tag in the podcast list and using it in a browser works fine, so it doesn't appear JRiver Media Center is messing up the URL when getting it from the Podcast RSS, but it appears to be doing something wrong when attempting to download it.

For reference, an example Episode URL (with different characters substituted) is:
https://c10.patreonusercontent.com/3/abcdefghijklmnop%3D%3D/patreon-media/p/post/12345678/a98b7180362c43d23e76543bc611c12/1.mp3?token-time=2145916800&token-hash=abcdefghijklmnopqr-abcdefghijklmnopqrRvTuXNM%3D

Please look into this as soon as possible - I have multiple Patreon Podcasts!

EDIT: Episodes in other non-Patreon podcast feeds download fine.

Thanks,

\ / \ / i L L

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 08:39:16 am »

Please test this build:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123753.0.html

And let us know if it's any better.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 02:11:50 pm »

Using 26.0.18 my podcasts requiring passwords download fine including those from Patreon.

BeerWill

• yup
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 03:50:07 pm »

Hi Matt, 26.0.18 seems to have done the trick - Patreon podcasts are downloading again now.
Thanks!

Alpengreis

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 06:17:43 pm »

And here the build 18 solves it too. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up