INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag & Drop in the tree didn't work properly - can't undo it  (Read 1412 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Drag & Drop in the tree didn't work properly - can't undo it
« on: January 09, 2020, 08:06:42 pm »

I tried to drag and drop "Album Size" to go under "Artists". It landed inside "Audio Copy" because I just can't get it to fit between "Artists" and "Audio Copy". Similar thing happened with "Files" ending up in "3D Albums". Please refer to attachment.

I have tried my hardest to edit the view, but to no avail - just can't see anything that refers to Album Size being a child of Audio Copy. I have read this thread 3 times, but can't find a solution in there:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84926.0

So, I need some help please. What I am trying to do is have the views within Audio as follows:
Albums
Artists
Composer
Files
Genre
Album Size (as a child of Audio, nothing else)
Audio Copy
Recent Albums
3D Albums
Panes

I would also like to send Streaming down to between "Drives & Devices" and "Services & Plug-ins".
Skip that last part - I managed to remove it from displaying at Options>General>Features

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Drag & Drop in the tree didn't work properly - can't undo it
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 09:59:17 pm »

Can anyone help with this please?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 11:15:44 pm »

Drag the "Album Size" and "Files" Views up to the "Audio" group and drop them there, then select "Move" in the popup menu.

Because all your items have an image type of "Audio" they will be sorted alphabetically. You can't do the sort that you want.

The two exceptions in your attached image are the "3D Albums" and "Panes" Views, for which you must have set the "Customise View > Tree > Position" setting to "Bottom".

To get around the sorting issue you could rename the "Album Size" View to "Artists-Album Size". It would then sort alphabetically between "Artists" and "Audio Copy".

For the more complex sorting, I'm afraid you will just have to read Glynor's post again until you understand, as it is very well explained and I can't add anything to clarify it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 11:29:36 pm »

Because all your items have an image type of "Audio" they will be sorted alphabetically. You can't do the sort that you want.
I'm not convinced....

Try this...

Drag "Album Size" and "Files" and drop them onto "Audio", choosing the "Move" option, to un-nest them.

Next, open "Customise View" for each of Albums, Artists, Composer, Files, Genre, and set their "Position" to "Top"
Next, open 3D Albums and Panes, and set their position settings to "Bottom".
Next, make sure that Album Size, Audio Copy and Recent Albums are set to "Automatic"

That, should, hopefully, sort you out... pardon the pun :)

-marko.

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 12:11:47 am »

I'm not convinced....
Heh heh, neither am I (refer attach)

Thanks very much Roderick, that got it fixed. I got them into the order I wanted by a similar method to Marko's (hadn't seen his post until I started this one). I sent 3D Albums to "Bottom", and then, starting with Genres, then Files, Composer, Artists, Album, sent them all to the top.

I got a warning about not recommended to change those views, but I figured that because it was only a positional change it couldn't be that bad.

Question about Recent Albums: What's that supposed to be because it shows every album I've ever imported over four years nearly (and many of them haven't been played in MC yet)? Nor can I quite see the point of Audio Copy or Panes........waiddaminit.....is Audio Copy something I have dopily done?  ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 05:19:09 pm »

I'm not convinced....

:D  In my defence, I did say

For the more complex sorting, I'm afraid you will just have to read Glynor's post again until you understand, as it is very well explained and I can't add anything to clarify it.

Also, you didn't achieve what you actually asked for initially. Well not exactly.

I tried to drag and drop "Album Size" to go under "Artists". It landed inside "Audio Copy" because I just can't get it to fit between "Artists" and "Audio Copy".

You just moved "Audio Copy" way down the list. Also, you still can't do a "random sort" based on drag and drop, which is what I meant.  ;)

Recent Albums: Interesting. My Recent Albums View also just shows all Albums. Looking at the View definition there is nothing to make it "recent". The sort is applied in the top pane though, and it is by [Date Imported] and a reverse sort, so recent Albums are at the top. You can see it is a reverse sort by highlighting the "Custom" item at the bottom of that sort display. See the attached image showing that [Date Imported] is ticked as the sort, and highlighting Custom to confirm reverse sort.

Yes, the "Audio Copy" View is probably a View you created when dragging and dropping Views around. It's not in my Test or Reference (untouched) Library. Although you must have renamed it, because if you drag and drop the main Audio group you get just an "Audio" View, and if you do it again, or drag and drop the new "Audio" View, you just get "Audio (1)", "Audio (2)", etc. Delete it if you don't need it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 05:34:35 pm »

I checked my MC 23 and it also has Audio Copy so I must have done that ages ago (but still not deliberately). Anyhoo, I'll just delete it.

As for the order of the bottom 4 - however they landed was fine, as they are of no interest. Can I delete Recent Albums? (I have four Import smartlists)

Thanks for your help (again)!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 06:09:39 pm »

You can delete whatever Views you want to delete.

If you ever need to know what Views existed originally, you can just create a new Library and load it, and look in there. It will have the default Views. I have one of those Libraries, which I referred to as my "Reference Library".

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 10:03:35 pm »

Ok, that's great, thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up