INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC25: Cannot get authenticated login from client if Read Only server = Everyone  (Read 690 times)

Mike Foran

• World Citizen

In my recent efforts to get the "House Band" Echo skill working with MC, I have been required to set my "Read-Only Authentication" server setting to "Everyone." However, now it appears that all client logins use the "Read-Only" login, even if they previously were set up using an authenticated login with password. The result of this is that I cannot login from my desktop PC to my Media PC and make library changes. When I try to "Sync Changes with Library Server" I get the error "Changes are only accepted from authenticated clients. Enable authentication on the server in Options > Media Network." If I try to manually re-log into the library, I am not presented with an option to enter the authenticated password, it just defaults to the "Read-Only" login without asking. Is there a way to authenticate a client even if the "read-only" server setting is for "Everyone?" And if not, can the login procedure be modified so that authenticated users can enter a password rather than defaulting to the "read-only" login?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe

Have you tried this with the latest version of Media Center 26? It might be fixed in that version.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi

This has been a problem for a long time, I pointed it out back in March and there is a whole thread related to the issue https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119241.msg828974.html#msg828974

Mike Foran

• World Citizen

This has been a problem for a long time, I pointed it out back in March and there is a whole thread related to the issue https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119241.msg828974.html#msg828974

Looks like that previous thread was an omnibus of client/server issues that quickly went off topic, so I guess it was ignored. So I hope this post gets some proper attention. I find this behavior uncharacteristically sloppy from the JRiver team. I hope the issue is addressed quickly.

Mike Foran

• World Citizen

Have you tried this with the latest version of Media Center 26? It might be fixed in that version.

I have not, which is why I’m posting it 8n this forum and not that one. Can someone test this behavior and see if it has been fixed in the newer release?
Pages: [1]   Go Up