INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After 2-3 seconds quiet for another 2-3 seconds on each track  (Read 569 times)

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
After 2-3 seconds quiet for another 2-3 seconds on each track
« on: January 14, 2020, 04:30:00 am »

In most cases JRiver works excellent both as player direct to my dac or as server to my Lumin bridge. But other days I have issues on each track change (only pcm, not native dsd or converted pcm to dsd). Each track starts normally for 2-3 seconds and then quiet for another 2-3 seconds until next track. It is the same with USB and AES.

I have tried different options but I can't figure what is the base for this issue. Yesterday I turned of DLNA Extra and rebooted the whole chain and then it worked fine. But today it is the same again.

Do you have any hint what's behind this issue and how to solve it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: After 2-3 seconds quiet for another 2-3 seconds on each track
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 09:10:23 am »

Try increasing pre-buffering in Options > Audio.  Disable memory playback.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: After 2-3 seconds quiet for another 2-3 seconds on each track
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 02:21:14 pm »

Thanks for quick reply.

It seems that did it. I increased prebuffering from 6 to 10 seconds. I also ticked Gapless under Switch track. This one I have not seen previously. I only used gapless for sequential...

Which one that took effect I do not know. The strange thing to me is that droput issue I only faced when upsampling 44.1 to 88,2 and not to 176.4 or 352.4 or to dsd. Anyway, now it works.

Your support is appreciated. Digitally playing is not for the heart fainted...
Pages: [1]   Go Up