INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Android: Library View Questions  (Read 842 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Android: Library View Questions
« on: January 14, 2020, 01:53:28 pm »

I have some custom views built for Panel that look at file path in the Categories.  For example:

listItem([Filename (path)],4,\)
Then:
Regex([Filename (path)],/#(\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})#/,1)
and then:
regex([Filename (path)], /#\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}\.(.+?)\.flac\d+#/, 1)
and then:
removeright(ListItem([Filename (path)],math(listCount([filename (path)],.)-1),.),1)

My file path (on my windows server is this: G:\Shared drives\Music\verified\2019\dmb2019-09-10.dpa4028.flac24\dmb2019-09-10t01.flac).  When I view this in Panel (connected to my server), I'll have choices like this:

2019 > 2019-09-10 > dpa4028 > flac24 > FLACs show up.

But when I use MC on Android, my expressions don't work the same and I see:

2019 > Unassigned > Unassigned > flac24 > FLACs show up.

An easy answer is that I should add these things as custom library fields at import instead of relying on filename path.  I'll probably do that because I imagine the views will be faster to load as well.  But if the first and last items work to show me '2019' and 'flac24', why wouldn't the second and third work?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Android: Library View Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 03:34:52 pm »

Because the two failing expressions use Regex, and the two working ones use MC expressions?

It sounds like Regex isn't implemented in JRiver for Android.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Android: Library View Questions
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 05:14:21 pm »

Because the two failing expressions use Regex, and the two working ones use MC expressions?

It sounds like Regex isn't implemented in JRiver for Android.

That makes sense... My initial thought was that the [Filename (path)] must be somewhat different between Windows and Android, but was confused why it was working for some. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up