INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "0:00 / Live" in display bar; No audio track navigation or video skipping  (Read 2261 times)

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck

The last few days -- I think since installing the latest update, but I use MC more for organizing than for playback, so who knows? -- I've been unable to use the player buttons to navigate from one audio track in a playlist to another, and I also can't drag the player bar to skip forward in videos. It's like all of the usual functions of the player buttons except for pause, play and stop are no longer working.

Interestingly, in the player display it always says "0:00 / Live" rather than showing the actual play position and total duration. Have I accidentally turned on some other playback mode, or are these playback bugs in the latest update?

Windows 10 64bit, MC 26.0.18 64bit

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck

Some additional things that all seem to be part of this playback issue (I see some others have mentioned similar problems...)

Let's say I open a playlist and click on the first track. It starts playing, but doesn't display in bold like it used to to indicate which track is playing.

Clicking the >>| button in the player interface doesn't skip to the next track, but starts re-playing the first track in the playlist. I don't have repeat turned on. It doesn't matter which track in the playlist I click to play, clicking that "next track" button returns to the first song in the playlist, still with no bold indicator of the currently playing track. CTRL+N does the same thing, back to first in playlist.

Clicking the |<< button does nothing. However CTRL+S seems to work.

Can't time seek in audio or video files of any format.

UPDATE: Additional comments with similar problems:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123753.msg857020.html#msg857020
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123703.0.html

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Client / Server or a single machine?

What file type?

Hendrik

• Administrator

I cannot reproduce this with a variety of tests. Please describe your MC environment in great detail. Where are the files? Where are they being played from? Where are you playing to? DLNA? Local? All that stuff.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck

I cannot reproduce this with a variety of tests. Please describe your MC environment in great detail. Where are the files? Where are they being played from? Where are you playing to? DLNA? Local? All that stuff.

Windows 10 PC, files on an internal local drive. I've been using MC for 15 years or more, this is the first time I've seen anything like this.

A couple of weeks ago, I installed MC26, and then a few days ago restored all of my libraries (I have several), and then installed the 26 update that prompted the license restoration. Since then, playback has been wonky.

These other users have reported same issues:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123753.msg857020.html#msg857020
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123703.0.html

JimH

• Administrator

Single machine?  No other?

What are you playing and to what?

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo

The last few days -- I think since installing the latest update, but I use MC more for organizing than for playback, so who knows? -- I've been unable to use the player buttons to navigate from one audio track in a playlist to another, and I also can't drag the player bar to skip forward in videos. It's like all of the usual functions of the player buttons except for pause, play and stop are no longer working.

Interestingly, in the player display it always says "0:00 / Live" rather than showing the actual play position and total duration. Have I accidentally turned on some other playback mode, or are these playback bugs in the latest update?

Windows 10 64bit, MC 26.0.18 64bit

I'm experiencing the exact same thing here, also on Win10 64-bit and the latest MC build, 26.0.18.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo

In my case music files are stored on and played from a NAS drive (got an issue here also since MC26.0.18, more on that later) in a DLNA set-up, using both a laptop and JRemote as "control points" - depending on what suits the situation the best and whether I'm working on or otherwise use my laptop. The issue persists regardless of whether I play FLAC of WAV files (which are the file formats my music is stored in). My core server is an older HTPC set in server mode in MC26 (not Media Center), like I use to with previous MC versions as well. OS is Win10 64-bit.

The problems began in the process of upgrading to MC26 (from MC25), where during the end of installation I was given a message via a pop-up that there was a problem retrieving library files ("Critical error" etc., can't remember the exact wording), and I couldn't go on from there. I then opted to "start from scratch" (the last of 3 options given to me) to get the upgrade finalized, after which MC spent some time importing music files anew. So far so good.

However, when I was about to prepare playback and get the music flowing from the speakers, I wasn't able to choose my usual NAS-drive in 'Playing from' (in my case named "Malick") in that no files were attached to it ? I then chose 'Main Library' and all the files were localized here (they're from the same source, apparently, the "Malick" NAS-drive), and music now played fine - except, like the OP of this thread, I had the problems mentioned before.

I just tried downloading earlier MC26 builds, but for some reason was denied access in trying to do so..  ::)

EDIT: On my laptop from where can control playback, other than JRemote, the player display is correct in stating the artist playing, title and all that (contrary to MC on the core server, where it says "0:00 / Live"), but when I try and seek into the track, placing the cursor over and clicking on the time-bar, playback is unaffected and just keeps on playing from where it initially started. Moreover, only a single track can be played; playback won't continue into the next track.

Via JRemote the seek function into a track is disabled as well, but here playback automatically continues into the next track. 

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck

Single machine?  No other?

What are you playing and to what?

Yes, single machine. One pc, no server, playing files directly from internal drive. MP3s and MKVs, in separate libraries.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

Oddly I saw something similar when I first installed 26.0.18 64bit on one of my Win10 machines.
This was a standalone system and it was while streaming Radio Paradise using local playback.
I got no track information or album art and the display just read "0:00 / Live" although it did play the stream.
The playing now list did not show the normal list of tracks playing or played just a single non descript entry.
I was also not able to skip tracks as before.
Thinking this was due to the update I reverted to a previous version of MC which behaved as normal with track info and album art and a meaningful counter, so I reinstalled 26.0.18 to prove the point but this time it too worked as expected i.e. the problem disappeared.
As my other machine upgraded without issue (except losing its MC licence) I just put it down to a personal glitch.

Maybe try repeating what I did and revert to a previous version then re-upgrade back to 26.0.18 or just reinstall 26.0.18

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: "0:00 / Live" in display bar; No audio track navigation or video skipping
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 03:04:32 pm »

Maybe try repeating what I did and revert to a previous version then re-upgrade back to 26.0.18 or just reinstall 26.0.18

This is interesting: I just downloaded 26.0.18 and re-installed it. Then I played a movie from my main library (all movies and tv) and the timeline seeking functionality was back!

I switched to my music library and started playing a playlist: still the same issue, can't use Next/Previous to navigate tracking, can't seek/skip within a track.

I switched back to my main library, tried playing the same movie as before, and could no longer skip around in its timeline. Something about my Music library is causing this and affecting playback in other libraries.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 03:20:05 pm »

I was just going to reply saying I only have one very small library on this machine, as it is at work and mainly used to listen to Radio Paradise, and so never switch libraries when I remembered I had seen another library advertising itself on my work network the other day and had tried to load it out of curiosity.
So I repeated this, tried to load the other DLNA network library again, which fails, then back to my normal main library and BINGO you are right I am now seeing the same faulty behaviour!
But simply restarting MC has cleared the fault again but you may be onto something.

Edit: Just tried creating a new library and this issue definitely appears after you load another library after starting MC.
It does not matter which library is loaded at startup MC behaves as normally, but if you then load another library you see the behaviour the OP is talking about.

Edit: Just tried this on my laptop too and the same result.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 03:37:55 pm »

Don't use the DLNA server on a NAS to load a library into MC. 

Instead, import the files from the NAS directly into MC.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 03:45:38 pm »

Sorry Jim I don't know if that was directed at me but this issue happens when switching between two locally stored MC libraries too.

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 03:48:15 pm »

same problem here. windows 10/64bit NUC, files come from NAS, Library on Windows PC. JRiver 64Bit latest update. Also not possible to skip with JRemote 30 or 60 seconds, no DLNA. Same version Works on my notebook with lokal without any problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 03:53:03 pm »

windows 10/64bit NUC, files come from NAS, Library on Windows PC.
Please describe how MC connects to the NAS.

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 04:10:38 pm »

with a drive letter on windows PC like a local HD. This problem came definitve with the latest update and that's not all. take a look at this screenshot from my Ipad Air 2. Track "All Blues" will be played, It shows track "Work" on the left side. Time line skips between 1 and 3 seconds.

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 04:38:07 pm »

Assuming this wasn't aimed at me: I'm not using a NAS or DLNA. All files are imported directly into MC from an internal drive.

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 04:41:13 pm »

and I can confirm, that all works fine again after restarting the Windows PC. It seems we have a problem which is not easy to reproduce

edit: I can reproduce it. as written above all worked fine after windows restart with the main library. Than I changed to the library running on my notebook. Library was loaded fine but with the same problems as before. Swiched back to main library and this works also not longer correct. Windows restart again and main library works fine again. To restart only JRiver does not help.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 07:13:27 pm »

Thanks; in the process of doing that right now (after having re-installed 26.0.18). So, after that DLNA-playback should function smoothly with regard to the issues pointed out above?

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 07:42:09 pm »

Well, my efforts resultet in this.. Now I can't even play music from the Main Library - nada, zippo music.

Oh, wait - it seems I do have access to the Main Library  ::) Too late an hour here, more tomorrow.

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 03:20:14 am »

Am getting pictured message, seen in my attachment just above, every time I switch on my core server now, so obviously something wasn't right in importing the library directly to MC from my NAS-drive, as proposed?

EDIT: Be that as it may (i.e.: named message persists), before mentioned issues have now been alliviated; the "0:00 / Live" player display is replaced by the proper track info on the core server MC (it always has been via my control point on the laptop), seek function is OK, and tracks play in succession of each other. I'm still not able to load the music library from my NAS, hence I believe the relevance of named pop-up message when turning on my core server, playing instead from 'Main Library.'

Question is whether what has made things right again are simply due to re-installing MC?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 03:37:29 am »

I can reproduce the issue with "0:00 / Live" after switching library. I'm looking into it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 03:40:02 am »

I can reproduce the issue with "0:00 / Live" after switching library. I'm looking into it.

Great  :)

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 07:37:28 pm »

Thanks!

Maybe unrelated, but I've also tried creating some new libraries (copies of older libraries) in the last day and they've disappeared after restarting MC.

MikeO

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 10:06:06 pm »

Not sure if its related but there seems to have been a lot of activity on Win 10 updates over the last few days

Unless its me i have had 3

Just a thought

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2020, 04:13:21 am »

Maybe unrelated, but I've also tried creating some new libraries (copies of older libraries) in the last day and they've disappeared after restarting MC.

Each MC library needs to be in its own separate folder.
Is it possible that you created those libraries in the same folder?

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 05:11:33 am »

Each MC library needs to be in its own separate folder.
Is it possible that you created those libraries in the same folder?

No, I have a parent folder, and then a separate subfolder for each library. I may have hit a limit on libraries, actually. I have several but need to get rid of some of the old ones which are now redundant.

alzullig

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 11:27:01 pm »

I posted this initially before I was kindly redirected here....

///////////////
"When playing any media in MC-26 the display only shows "Live Mode" with all controls disabled...you can't advance track for example...The time display just shows: "0.00/live"...no end time. This behavior is true whether playing from a remote MC-26 server or just playing one local media file.
When switching back to MC-25 everything plays normally.
I'm stumped how to get back to normal play? Thanks for any help!"

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Interestingly, I updated three machines at the same time all with the same previous configuration....Two of the three machines exhibited this 0.00/live display...but the third plays totally normally as you would expect.

The 0.00/live behavior is the same whether or not you are local or remote library....further it's the same just doing a File>Open and playing a local hd media file.

On both affected machines, reverting back to MC-25 makes them play normally, whether a local library or a remote MC-26 server library.

Thanks for all the help trying to puzzle this problem out.

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2020, 12:43:50 pm »

It looks like this might be fixed after installing today's update. I've switched libraries and can seem to play music and videos without any player issues or "live" notation in the player display.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123907.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up