INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 26.0.17 -- Available Here  (Read 2377 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 26.0.17 -- Available Here
« on: January 15, 2020, 03:22:38 pm »

Preview build 26.0.17 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

26.0.17 (1/10/2020)

1. Fixed: Image and video playback to the local player zone were not working when a library server was loaded.
2. Fixed: (Android TV) The app could crash when selecting the Load Library option.

26.0.16 (12/23/2019)

1. Changed: The load library function will only request authentication if the library server requires it.
2. Changed: Removed the app restart after loading a library.
3. NEW: Added the load library option to the Android TV version.
4. Changed: (Android TV only) Removed the stack cover art images from the browse activity for now because it's too slow, especially with large libraries.

26.0.15 (12/18/2019)

1. NEW: Added an option to load remote libraries that require authentication.

25.0.123 (12/11/2019)

1. Fixed: More fixes for the load library function as well as other functions.

25.0.122 (12/10/2019)

1. Fixed: JRiver for Android could lock up indefinitely when loading a library.

25.0.121 (12/6/2019)

1. Fixed: Several fixes and improvements to the library load operation.
2. Fixed: Panel - When playing a file the play command could get sent to multiple zones.

25.0.120 (11/22/2019

1. NEW: Added an option to load remote libraries to the options menu.

25.0.119 (11/20/2019)

1. NEW: Added video support.

25.0.118 (11/4/2019)

1. NEW: JRiver for Android now supports Android TV
2. Fixed: JRiver for Android could crash at start-up on Android 5.
3. Changed: Made some improvements to the Audio Manager handling of focus change.
4. Changed: Made some improvements to the media session for updating metadata.

25.0.117 (10/28/2019)

1. Fixed: There was a possible crash when updating the media session if nothing was playing.

BradATIMA

Re: JRiver for Android 26.0.17 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 03:37:47 pm »

Some important notes:

Playing video and images from a library that requires authentication will require re-authentication. That means you will need to clear the app data for JRiver for Android from the phone settings. The location for this changes for different devices, but it's generally in a location like Settings -> Apps -> JRiver for Android -> Storage -> Clear data.

If you load a library server but you still don't see the right files, double check which server was loaded. There is currently a bug where it might load the wrong server. This usually only happens the first time, and connecting to the correct library server probably will not require re-entering authentication.

The Android TV version is still very early in development, so there may be bugs with video playback.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 05:24:06 pm »

Pixel 3 - Android 10:

I can navigate to a video.  I see thumbnails showing up.  When I hit play on a video (Video A), I see the Media Network on my server showing the GetFile item.  I can see it's serving data (the Served number keeps incrementing).  But no video is playing on the phone.  It looks like it loads it into the player (the icon changed from play to pause), but if I tap on the item at the bottom of the screen, the play head goes from 0:00 to about 5 seconds, then starts over again.

I tried another file (Video B), and audio started playing, but no video.  I hit the stop button, audio keeps playing.  I had to kill the app to stop the playback. 

LG G6 - Android 8:

Had the app open for 20 minutes, still doesn't see my MC server(s).  It should be seeing a Windows server, Mac server, and an IdPi.  All it saw was my Shield.  I rebooted and my Mac showed up, but not the Windows server.  Something is wrong with this Load Library process - it's very frustrating as a user.

After writing this post, my Windows server showed up.  I navigate to Video A.  Audio started playing from the phone, but no video.  I re-opened MC and went to Video B, hit play and now I see what looks like it should be a video player, but no video (or audio).  In Media Network on my Mac, I see a bunch of GetFile choices, with 0 KB served.

For testing, I opened MO4 Media and JRemote2, and played back both Video A and B.  I notice the Media Network item does a conversion=Android on those, so perhaps these file formats aren't support:

Video A: h264 ac3
Video B: h264 aac

Shield:
Will test with later this evening.

Grape Ape

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 07:22:02 pm »

Using Android TV I got an MKV file to play video, but no audio, and an XVID file would not play at all.

I was loading a library using authentication.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:18:16 pm »

Video didn't work, so I cleared App Data again and retried.

MP4 1080p (AVC1/AAC) authored home video - Audio plays but no video. Can't get to full-screen display even of the thumbnail.
MOV 1080p (AVC/AAC) - Same as MP4, but playback kept going when the phone went to sleep. Couldn't stop playback. Had to kill the App.
JTV 1080p (AVC/MPEG1) recording - Nothing happens. JR4A just sits there.
AVI 640x480 (MJPG/PCM) - Nothing. Other AVI the same.
TS 1080p (AVC/AC-3) - Tried, but failed without showing anything.
MKV 720x404 (AVC/AAC) -                       Plays fine. Playing Now works correctly. Controls work fine. Still not proper full-screen as Android buttons remain on screen. Screen doesn't sleep.
MP4 720p (AVC1/AAC) video from phone - Plays fine. Playing Now works correctly. Controls work fine. Still not proper full-screen as Android buttons remain on screen. Screen doesn't sleep.
MOV 720p (AVC/AAC) -                            Plays fine. Playing Now works correctly. Controls work fine. Still not proper full-screen as Android buttons remain on screen. Screen doesn't sleep.

Obviously there are some more parameters of the video files than I have listed, which affect whether a video will play or not.

When the phone went to sleep all playback stopped. i.e. Audio. Only on MOV?
When playback doesn't work for video, but audio plays, playback controls in Playing Now don't work as expected. Stop mostly didn't work at all. Play and Pause icons were incorrect. Reversed. I couldn't stop the MOV video (audio only). Even clearing Playing Now didn't work. Play and Stop just restarted the track.

Phone as per my signature.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 08:20:22 am »

I tried another file (Video B), and audio started playing, but no video.  I hit the stop button, audio keeps playing.  I had to kill the app to stop the playback. 

When the phone went to sleep all playback stopped. i.e. Audio. Only on MOV?
When playback doesn't work for video, but audio plays, playback controls in Playing Now don't work as expected. Stop mostly didn't work at all. Play and Pause icons were incorrect. Reversed. I couldn't stop the MOV video (audio only). Even clearing Playing Now didn't work. Play and Stop just restarted the track.

There is a strange bug in the mobile version where sometimes the video player view won't get inflated like it should be. If this happens, it appears that the video player view won't work at all unless the app is restarted. We're still trying to find the cause though.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 07:58:50 pm »

Video on Shield is still not playing.  I have a server that it connects to with Authentication.  Just says 'Can't play this video' or similar.

BradATIMA

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 10:13:40 am »

Video on Shield is still not playing.  I have a server that it connects to with Authentication.  Just says 'Can't play this video' or similar.

Exoplayer hasn't been implemented on Android TV, so it probably can't handle the video file format. What's the file type and video compression?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 10:53:32 am »

Both mpeg-2, and h.264 have been tried.

BradATIMA

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 01:24:05 pm »

Both mpeg-2, and h.264 have been tried.

It should be able to handle h.264 as is. I'm not sure about mpeg-2. What is the file type?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 01:30:26 pm »

the h.264 was a mp4 extension.  I have tried multiple, on both my shields (one is the 2nd gen, and the other is the new 2019 version).

BradATIMA

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 09:05:29 am »

the h.264 was a mp4 extension.  I have tried multiple, on both my shields (one is the 2nd gen, and the other is the new 2019 version).

I haven't had any issues with h.264 in an mp4 container on the Shield. I know some Android TV devices have limited video playback functionality out of the box, but the Shields are usually pretty good. You could check to see if there are any updates for it. If not, you might need to wait until Exoplayer is implemented.
Pages: [1]   Go Up