INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tiny minor bug remains in 26  (Read 382 times)

wburkett

• World Citizen
tiny minor bug remains in 26
« on: January 17, 2020, 07:48:44 am »

Back in September I reported a minor bug in the following message: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,122170.msg845406.html#msg845406

I finally installed JMRC 26 and this little problem persists.  When I'm entering data in tag fields:

Normal expected behavior: I type (or paste) something into a tag field, hit tab, and the cursor moves to the next field.

Problem behavior
(1) Say I'm in another app like MS Access and copy a bit of text with Ctl-C. 
(2) I tab over to MC using Alt-Tab (a crucial bit I failed to notice/mention in my original post).  The cursor is in the right tag field (e.g., "style") because I'd left it there after a previous edit.  (Note that the problem does not occur if I mouse-click into the MC window - only with Alt-tab.)
(3) I paste the copied text into a field (Ctl-V).  The text is pasted properly in the field (e.g., "style").
(4) here's where the problem occurs >>>  After pasting the text, when I then try to use the tab key to move to the next tag field, the tab key does nothing - the cursor just sits there at the end of the (just pasted into) field text until I hit "enter" or mouse-click into another field.
(5) When/if I *do" hit enter, the cursor/insertion point disappears and the tag pane jump down to about the midpoint of the tag list.  I have to scroll back up to where I want to be and "click the cursor into" the tag field I want to enter data into.

As I said in my original post, this is a very minor annoyance - though it does annoy me as I'm working with tag data.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: tiny minor bug remains in 26
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:08:51 am »

Try using Enter or one of the arrow keys (down, for example) instead of Tab.

wburkett

• World Citizen
Re: tiny minor bug remains in 26
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 10:04:17 am »

Thanks, Jim.  The down arrow keys open up a selection list rather than move to the next tag field.  Enter seems to move the selection from the field in the Tag pane to the Search pane heading.  I appreciate the suggestions but they don't work. 

I'm not a developer but am a reasonable Access VBA hack.  My limited experience leads me to want to say that Alt-Tabbing into the MC app/window from another application like Access results in the tag field getting "got focus" but not actually being "selected". Or maybe (using an Access Form analogy) the Tag Pane ends up with "got focus" as a "parent form" rather than the tag field as a "form control".   (Not sure that even makes sense wrt MC - just offering up ideas.)

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up